My wifes 2016 Ford Explorer is rusting already...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at her Explorer yesterday and noticed that the paint on the edge of the hood is bubbling in several places. No rock chips, just bubbling paint. We paid a lot of money for that thing!

I'm posting it on this forum mainly just to remind us that buying a newer vehicle isn't always the better option, they aren't problem free either. It is only 3 years old, FFS!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a pic, but it is hard to see the bubbling. The entire leading edge of the hood is bubbling up. We are going to see if warranty will fix it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Here is a pic, but it is hard to see the bubbling. The entire leading edge of the hood is bubbling up. We are going to see if warranty will fix it.

You must be registered for see images attach
Ford should cover that under their 5 year/60k mile corrosion warranty. They do state it is covered only if there is perforation. Hopefully your dealership does cover it though.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ford should cover that under their 5 year/60k mile corrosion warranty. They do state it is covered only if there is perforation. Hopefully your dealership does cover it though.

So he's got some time left to accelerate the process if need be.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a positive side to this .... At least it is not on fire like the old Exploders was known for. But in all seriousness , if the dealer don't give you the satisfaction you think is right, demand to have a appointment with a factory rep ! In my past experience when the dealer tries to blow you off, you can usually get results from the factory rep.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am surprised to hear that it is not made of aluminum.
They probably are; many of the late model Ford stuff has an aluminum hood even if it's still a vehicle model that otherwise uses steel body panels. Modern Mopars have a lot of aluminum hood / steel body models too. There's currently a 20 page long thread on a Mopar board about corrosion popping up around the steel hood latch plate bonded to the aluminum hood on Chargers (and similar models), even on new cars with practically no miles.

Richard