My new 1996 k2500 eclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I've been pretty much away from the forum for awhile, and unfortunately age and abuse have slowly crept up on the 3/4 ton, combined with the fact that I've had little time to give it the attention it deserves.

The exhaust broke in a few spots, and both manifolds have developed rather obnoxious leaks. They should have been replaced awhile back, but I haven't had time. Also, the box has really let go in several locations, giving it a nice sag in the back passenger side, and a few braces got so weak and broke that they can't be fixed without major surgery. So it flops around in the wind at 110 on the 4-lane.

The water pump gave up the ghost in rather dramatic fashion recently as well, I had to park it in town (where it went) and get a ride back home to get tools/parts, and I swapped a new one on the next day.

It could also use a full brake system overhaul, the interior is falling apart, another speaker crapped out on me, needs a tune up (as all vortecs seem to every year or so), the back shocks are shot...just little annoyances, but a lot of them.

So, I think as soon as I get my 94 rolling (hopefully sooner rather than later) this one will go up for sale as it is. 2500s do hold their value pretty well compared to 1500s around here, so I think I still should be able to get a reasonable price out of it, even considering what it needs. If I can't, I'm not going to give it away, it's been a pretty good truck and has done its job making me as much money as I need it to. But in the end, it's just a truck, I'm not overly sentimentally attached to it.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Took it to Halifax, NS and back. About 9-10 hours round trip. Averaged 16.14 L/100km or roughly 14.56 MPG. Overall not as bad as I had expected.

Truck made the trek without any issues.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Just out for a little drive today to see how the partridge population has been doing, and decided to see how much these ECLB 3/4 tons flex

:lol:

As you can see, they aren't exactly the most ideal offroad vehicle...

You must be registered for see images attach

Once I opened the door I couldn't get it closed again until I backed down out of there. That's about as flexed as she'll go.

I only once did a major offroad excursion in this truck and it was an epic fail. I do use it in the woods for yarding/hauling firewood. It's great at that in 4-low with those 4.10s spinning :smile:

If I don't sell it I may just use it as a dedicated woods rig. Bigger tires, possibly some kind of locker, a winch and brushguard etc

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just out for a little drive today to see how the partridge population has been doing, and decided to see how much these ECLB 3/4 tons flex

:lol:

As you can see, they aren't exactly the most ideal offroad vehicle...

Once I opened the door I couldn't get it closed again until I backed down out of there. That's about as flexed as she'll go.

I only once did a major offroad excursion in this truck and it was an epic fail. I do use it in the woods for yarding/hauling firewood. It's great at that in 4-low with those 4.10s spinning :smile:

If I don't sell it I may just use it as a dedicated woods rig. Bigger tires, possibly some kind of locker, a winch and brushguard etc

Mmmm... flex. lol

Lovin' the woods rig idea. Always wanted a second truck with a long box for beating around in the woods. Can't do that to my DD, I love her too much.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ouch holy frame flex damn

sent from my Big Block powered phone

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Mmmm... flex. lol

Lovin' the woods rig idea. Always wanted a second truck with a long box for beating around in the woods. Can't do that to my DD, I love her too much.

Yes she's good and powerful for hauling firewood. That's what I'd use it for, maybe with a plow on the front as well.

However, having 2 vehicles insured is just too expensive for me. Being a 20 year old male who didn't go to driving school, my insurance is stupid expensive.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes she's good and powerful for hauling firewood. That's what I'd use it for, maybe with a plow on the front as well.

However, having 2 vehicles insured is just too expensive for me. Being a 20 year old male who didn't go to driving school, my insurance is stupid expensive.

I'm in the same boat. Well, not sure bout that whole driving school thing but I had a lil bit of an accident right after getting my license. Doesn't help at all.

And yeah, its young men like us that make sure insurance agents get a hefty Christmas bonus.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Well, not sure bout that whole driving school thing but I had a lil bit of an accident right after getting my license. Doesn't help at all.

And yeah, its young men like us that make sure insurance agents get a hefty Christmas bonus.

Yeah, I had an accident way back as well. Didn't put it up too much but didn't help any. Was parallel parking and a chick ran into my back bumper. I was in reverse....my fault. Wrote her honda civic off, scratched the paint on my trailer hitch...lol

Pissed me off because she was, in my mind, the one "at fault", but I knew exactly what was going to happen and didn't bother fighting it. The rules are stupid sometimes.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Squatted the springs a bit. There's some weight there...