My new 1996 k2500 eclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Threw a couple thrush glasspacks on for now. That quieted 'er down quite a bit (was running twin straight pipes before, they were getting to be a bit much for my ears.)

Still driving it every day. Need to do an idler arm and get some rust under control...the tranny crossmember is getting a little more crusty than I'd like.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Put about 300kms towing this around yesterday, half loaded (both truck and trailer), half empty. The old truck did well. Burned around 90 bucks worth of gas all told, I was happy. Not sure exactly how heavy it was but it was enough.

You must be registered for see images attach

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Still haven't got the moulding back on but it looks better with the 2500 badges put back on

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Haha. Had dozens of people stop by the house to ask me the same thing. I moved it to the backyard. I'll never get rid of that thing.

Sent from somewhere between here and there

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
After much debate with myself, put her up for sale today. Not gonna give it away, if I don't get what I want for it it'll sit right in my yard.

Lots of stuff came into the decision, but it's been just sitting here lately as I've been driving a 2000 Sunfire I bought for a daily driver. My '94 GMC is almost road ready (updates on that coming soon), but I plan on running two vehicles this year (truck and a car), and since the Sunfire I picked up for $200 will not pass inspection at the end of May (rotted subframe), I'll be looking for another car, and this pickup doesn't really fit into my plans anywhere, financially or even parts-wise.

Honestly, I'll be sad to see it go (IF it does go), but it's time to move on.

Flashback pics, from page 1:

:bawl:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Sad to see it for sale, its came a long ways! Best of luck on the sale

Sent from underneath my truck

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Sad to see it for sale, its came a long ways! Best of luck on the sale

Thanks. I'm sad too, but...it's just another truck. The truck doesn't owe me a cent as far as I'm concerned, but I won't be giving it away. It's still got a lot of use left.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sad too, but...it's just another truck. The truck doesn't owe me a cent as far as I'm concerned, but I won't be giving it away. It's still got a lot of use left.

Sounds like you thought it through though and it makes sense i dont think ive seen the 94 yet ill look for updates

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
She's gone. Well, gone from my possession. Will be leaving the yard tomorrow. A guy upriver bought it for a hunting truck.

Taken tonight. That's me, the '96 and '94.

End thread.