My first love

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994k2500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Before I had my k2500. I picked up this 94 c1500 for 400 bucks! I put in a new radiator after a mechanic told the previous owner that the head gasket was blown. It was oil leaking into the radiator. I think. It wasn't 4 wheel drive but that thing ran like a champ and a half, my previous vehicle was a rickety 76 Ford F-150 with a straight six and a 3 on the tree, so this was a quite nice upgrade. I drove that poor girl every where and frankly didn't care a lot of the time. I took her off a jump once and bent the bed out of line from the cab.

After the jump. I also bent the y pipe underneath so I had an exhaust leak on the ball flange part. She randomly decided to leak oil after long trips (no big deal) and she slowly leaked antifreeze which I remedied by adding one jug of concentrate for every three jugs of water added.

Really was a nice truck though. In the end I over took a car last minuet to make it to an off ramp, and rear ended a lady in a gmc...

A good reminder that you can mess up real bad, real quick.

That was the same week I sold my old ford so I was in a bit of a pinch. I got enough money to buy the k2500 and a couple hours, after I dropped all my money on this pretty truck, the clutch goes TU. I sold my c1500 for 500 bucks. I miss that truck. Just recently I got a toll evasion notice from the state of California (I live in WA). The title to the 1/2 ton had white out on it. And the buyer couldn't transfer the title into his name. So I got him a notarized certificate of fact explaining the situation, then met him a third time and he still didn't transfer it over. So now I guess he's running tolls in CA with my plates. Lesson: If you sell a truck real sketchy like, take your plates off it at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Love it. I like seeing a 2wd off road

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks! I miss that truck. Open diff too. But yeah it's nice to know you don't need anything fancy to have fun out there.

I wish I lived out there. There's nothing like that anywhere around me in Texas

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I sold a motorcycle and forgot to take off the tag. I called the new owner about picking it up and he told me about all the riding he had been doing and that he was going to go out of town so he couldn't meet me. I went to his parking deck the next morning and removed my tag. I sent him a nice message that since he couldn't meet me, I happened to be in the area and picked it up. Never heard a peep more. Sometimes you have to force people to do the right thing.

Enjoyed the pics and story!

1994k2500

Reaction score
I sold a motorcycle and forgot to take off the tag. I called the new owner about picking it up and he told me about all the riding he had been doing and that he was going to go out of town so he couldn't meet me. I went to his parking deck the next morning and removed my tag. I sent him a nice message that since he couldn't meet me, I happened to be in the area and picked it up. Never heard a peep more. Sometimes you have to force people to do the right thing.

Enjoyed the pics and story!
Lol too bad I won't happen to be in California anytime soon I'm still the last registered owner and I still have a set of keys. Thank you for your kind words!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Aren't you in the DFW area? If so, take 360 exit off of W N Carrier Pkwy, go east. Turn left on N Great SW pkwy. Drive til the road is no more and get onto the field to the right. There's plenty of trails out there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/32°48'20.2"N+97°02'36.4"W/@32.8056145,-97.0456369,925m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d32.80561!4d-97.04345

There's also this, http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/322/Northwest-OHV-Park
I've been to Bridgeport. Not in my truck, I went with my neighbor and he took his 3 jeeps.

I don't mind exploring but I've found most of the land here is private. I don't want to deal with police. Maybe the place you're talking about is an exception

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
I've been to Bridgeport. Not in my truck, I went with my neighbor and he took his 3 jeeps.

I don't mind exploring but I've found most of the land here is private. I don't want to deal with police. Maybe the place you're talking about is an exception

I used to live in Brideport for about 10 years when I was a kid, then I moved to Decatur then to Oklahoma lol

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score

When I lived down there, I was told, for however accurate it is, that the land is private, but was deeded to the city for recreational use. It was undeveloped in the 90's, it's still undeveloped now, i was just out there with my cousin last fall.

An open gate is an invitation? Lol, I'm unaware of anyone being hassled, we never were when I was a kid, and did some thing's out there that were less than respectful. What I do now is carry a trash bag and pick up some trash, if anyone questions me, I tell them that's what I was doing. I also don't do stupid thing's like sit in a mud puddle in what's obviously a road for Grandpa to haul his fishing boat or get to his camper, and power brake my truck in 2WD to get that #mudlyfe look lol.