my bagged 1967 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got my battery box mounted up for when i relocate the battery
You must be registered for see images attach

random dash pic

got another "prop" to use for car shows...

and... No more push button starter mounted in the dash, because of it having issues. So moved the ignition back into the dash in its place. And also mounted my cb. Still need to hook it up though. Lol

couple more random pics

had to order this so i could be one step/part order closer to my vortec 5.3LS/th400 swap

had to do some trimming on the intake cover for my 5.3 swap so it actually fit right

and it showed up...

And another temporary rear bumper, which was the one that was on it when I originally bought the burb. Decided to go back to having the license plate in the bumper, instead of in the tailgate with the smooth bumper I was doing/making. also, i picked up the license plate mount/bracket from the local salvage yard for $2 :)

Added this license plate flip down/up bracket I kept off of my old 77 camaro for when I eventually install a hidden hitch

had to flip the licence plate, and that camaro flip up/down bracket, so that the license plate could be properly lit by the light. now i just need to swap out the tailgate with the other one I have once I get it home and cleaned up

finally hooked up some power to the cb, just need a couple other things so i can mount my antennas and run the coax cables

Couple of homemade temporary cb antenna mounts. Just need to drill some mounting holes and stuff now

One down one to go...

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
HOLY HELL MAN, you're a true craftsman! It's projects that keep us sane!!!

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

And the 2nd one is done...

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and now i have a set of these up and forward turbo manifolds (ebay specials) coming, that a friend of mine bought for a turbo 6.0 first gen rx7 project he's working on. he cant use them as he says they wont work because of the small engine bay. so he's sending them to me free of charge to use on my turbo vortec 5.3 build/swap :D

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went and got/picked up my new/used suburban tailgate today. not in perfect shape, but a hell of a lot better than the one that's on mine right now... at least from what i can tell.

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good! Why not go with the car style intake and accessories? You know what turbo you're going with yet?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Killer build! Really like the '67-'72's! Wishing I'd kept my '70 now, although that was an L/B pickup.
I've seen Subs with liftgate/tailgates & with barn doors. Which is the more rare style?
Sure would like to do an R&P conversion on my trucks & eliminate the problematic GMT400 steering issues. Are you aware of anyone that's done such a conversion or would it be pretty well the same as what you've done?
Where did you get those tie-rod ends with the heim joints?

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Why not go with the car style intake and accessories? You know what turbo you're going with yet?

thanks. and because the factory car intakes all suck, and flow worse than the truck intakes, with the exception of the LS6 intake. also, when using the car intakes and accessories you have to change too much other stuff. plus that's all money i don't have or want to spend on something that's not absolutely needed. i also dont have hood clearance issues either, so i'm eventually gonna buy the intake below eventually (Holley 300-122 - Holley LS Modular High-Ram Intake Manifold). and as far as the turbo, im thinking probably a borg warner s475

Killer build! Really like the '67-'72's! Wishing I'd kept my '70 now, although that was an L/B pickup.
I've seen Subs with liftgate/tailgates & with barn doors. Which is the more rare style?
Sure would like to do an R&P conversion on my trucks & eliminate the problematic GMT400 steering issues. Are you aware of anyone that's done such a conversion or would it be pretty well the same as what you've done?
Where did you get those tie-rod ends with the heim joints?
thanks, and i love them too :) . i also prefer a long bed over a short bed. not sure which is more rare honestly as far as liftgate/tailgates or with barn doors. i do know not many 1/2 ton 2wd's were made in 67 with the tailgate/hatch though. yah i was thinking the same with my gmt400. hahaha. as far as being aware of anyone who has done a r&p conversion on a gmt400, no i havent seen anyone do such a conversion on one... then again, i haven't looked into it. although i have been thinking about eventually clipping the front end with the 99+ nbs truck front clip to gain rack and pinion steering, and a wider market/variety of longtravel suspension for it. as far as where i got the tie rod ends/heim joints, they are made, and sold through the same company i bought the front suspension/cross member from

Last edited: