My 96 k1500 centurion crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the old tranny in my truck decided to start killing itself (bad, terrible sounding bearings) and i finally found a new one, from a 95 so the shifter matches my interior now! Swapped it, and found two more cracks in the frame right by the extention.. so i think im done with this frame. Frame swap sounds scary but i just cant see this ever being worth a . I can get one from a 3500 fairly cheap at a couple local yards, and now im researching (and coming up empty) on converting it from a longbed to shortbed. Id like to keep it looking the same as it does now.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No way i could find another ccsb frame (2500 or otherwise).
Those trucks dont ever show up in the junkyards here without being completely destroyed

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I found one at a yard for my dads 97 centurion, ccsb 2000 model, cut the front off and put a 1/2 ton front on it. He should start changing it out in a couple weeks. BTW, the 2500 frames are twice as thick from the boxed part back. On my centurion I just cleaned it all up and painted it before it got too bad, although it does sag a little. I found his frame on car-part.com, looked up driveshaft and called about one, (I put a 2500 drive shaft in mine, had to move cross member but it worked well) and asked if they had the whole truck, think they sold it for $400.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found one at a yard for my dads 97 centurion, ccsb 2000 model, cut the front off and put a 1/2 ton front on it. He should start changing it out in a couple weeks. BTW, the 2500 frames are twice as thick from the boxed part back. On my centurion I just cleaned it all up and painted it before it got too bad, although it does sag a little. I found his frame on car-part.com, looked up driveshaft and called about one, (I put a 2500 drive shaft in mine, had to move cross member but it worked well) and asked if they had the whole truck, think they sold it for $400.
Hell of a find! Wish i could get that lucky on a whole ccsb frame, and i have a dream of a sas for this truck so i would just keep the front end of whatever frame i get.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
It gets even better, the truck wasn't wrecked. It was wore out and a ball joint snapped apart so they took it to the salvage yard and sold it.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow thats rediculous, obviously didnt know what they had

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nice build man! Looking forward to progress. I've always said I'd never sell my truck but if I was having the same number f problems you seem too, it'd be hard. I admire that. Keep up the good work

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, at this point its almost out of necessity that im considering a frame swap bc its in terrible shape, but there is the sentimental value of it and i could never sell it in good conscience with the issues it has.