My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Man were messing up colbys thread. And I think Thomas wants to buy it. I think I'll sell it to him if he's serious I need to get a house xD

I doubt he is :hidesbehindsofa: I still need pics lol

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some good progress tonight. Got everything disconnected that needed to be. Removed the tranny mount, and got just about all the bolts that hold the transfer case to the transmission out. Left one half in to give a little support. There is a jack under the transfer case and something else under the transmission. Ready for 5:30 tomorrow afternoon to get here so I can get more work done.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made progress. Got the transfer case dropped. And decided to tear it apart. Found my problem. Also found out that the transfer case I bought is different from mine. Different plug on top and different front driveshaft output. It has a 3 pin connector and mine has a 2 pin.
You must be registered for see images

The teeth are a little ate up on this part
You must be registered for see images

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made more progress. Finished gutting my t-case. Found that most everything is good. Even all the bearings and such. So I am hoping to move all the insides from the new t-case into my case. Hopefully it's all the same on the inside cause I'm ready to get her back on the road. I miss true dual glasspacks and shift kit.

On a side note I started sanding on her again. Getting the drivers side door stripped down so I can fill and smooth it out. After that I've got to move back to the passenger side so I can redo the work I did last summer, since I now have the air file that we couldn't find lol.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't messed with the t-case in a few days, been sanding instead. Got my driver side door just about completely sanded down to where it needs to be. Half the the hood is sanded down but it still needs a good bit of work. It has a good bet of pitting and such that has to be sanded completely down and "ground" off. its taking a good bit of time to do so. next after the hood is to move to the roof and proceed to do the same thing. the roof is much worse though. ive got my work cut out for me.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my grandfather is going to build my transfer case tomorrow. So hopefully all will go well and I'll be able to get it up in there next week some time or tomorrow night sometime. I'm so ready to drive her again. It's killing me. I might even put body work on hold so that I can drive her.