My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did was take something. But no relaxing lol. I can now though. My truck is done and running. Only thing that is wrong with relaxin is that I work in a gm parts warehouse so I can't really relax lol. Always doing something labor intensive.

She lives!!!!
You must be registered for see images

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well all went well. She drove great with no problems. I've thoroughly missed driving her. I will say this I don't really like the 1/4 tread mud graps. They slip really easily on wet and dry pavement.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it is lol. i saw this teal green s10 that i was going to look at but they want a little too much for it. right now im looking at trading it for a 86 astroglass fishing boat with a 135 merc on the back. but not really sure if i really want that or not. oh yeah and about the squat thing, that was my initial plan was to crank it to the heavens and remove the 2 inch blocks from the rear. then paint and make look decent. figured it would sale in a heart beat, but i just cant bring myself to do it cause i wouldnt buy it looking like that lol and i like the squat life lol. but a moderate squat like a 2 inch rake as my tahoe has.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
yeah it is lol. i saw this teal green s10 that i was going to look at but they want a little too much for it. right now im looking at trading it for a 86 astroglass fishing boat with a 135 merc on the back. but not really sure if i really want that or not. oh yeah and about the squat thing, that was my initial plan was to crank it to the heavens and remove the 2 inch blocks from the rear. then paint and make look decent. figured it would sale in a heart beat, but i just cant bring myself to do it cause i wouldnt buy it looking like that lol and i like the squat life lol. but a moderate squat like a 2 inch rake as my tahoe has.
Yeah it looks good as long as its not cranked all the way in the front with drop shackles like half the trucks in SC are, I know just about everyone at my school is doing that and I'm sitting over here all alone in a 2wd with a leveling kit.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i here ya. a buddy of mine had a black 400 that was just cranked but he had 35s on 20s and it looked great. now he has a gmt-800 with a 6 inch lift in the front and 4 inch blocks in the rear, sitting on 22s with 33s. and to me it still looks great. what area of SC do you live in.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shot some primer on my hood tonight. Need to block it out and should be alright from there. Not perfect but good enough for me.
You must be registered for see images

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i also found out that most likely need a passenger side exhaust manifold. trying to track down my exhaust leak lead to torquing the bolts down just a hair as they had a little room to move with minimal pressure. but the leak did not go away, so we continued to listen, with a tube pressed to the manifold and the other end to my ear, and found that the manifold is most likely cracked somewhere under the "heat shield" thing that is on the passenger manifold. so i guess i will going to get one of those sooner or later and see how it goes from there.