My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not much of a build but its the first vehicle i am actually doing stuff too.
this is my life story. I have a 92 K1500 z71. i traded a 93 z28 for it a few months back (only had it for a little over a month or so). before that i had a 95 blazer (s-series) 4x4.

Well this is how i got my truck. it has a 3 inch rcx lift (old style) and a 3 inch body lift. running 36 inch tsl swampers. A 355 small block with a wieand team g hirise intake, a edelbrock 650 cfm carb, and double hump heads. 3.73 gears, no locker, 4x4 works, i was happy, but not for long...

how she looked when i took ownership
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I switch from the black tool box to an diamond plate tool

Then I made a mount for my antenna. Cause I didnt want to drill holes in the tool box

Last edited:

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drove it for a few weeks with no radio. All I had was swampers and flowmasters lol

So I took a trip to the junk yard and picked up this

Already had the head unit. Same truck had the harness I needed so I got that too. I also got a couple other things

This is actually a factory piece, came off a plain jane rcsb gmt400

Needed the fuse panel so I picked one up quick. Color match doesnt really bother me. As long as it works

Got all of that hooked up found out that I only had 2 working speakers. I think the driver rear and pass front, 2 days later the pass front died so only one speaker till my birthday
My girlfriend got me these for my birthday
they sre kicker 4 inch speakers
Not even a week later I ordered these as a b-day gift to myself

Couple of weeks later I went to pepboys and picked up 2 magnaflow glasspacks. So I cut my flowmasters off and me and my buddy clamped on the magnaflows

Pics in a bit

Sent from my 355 powered Galaxy Tab 3