my 88 messed up again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea just wished it'd be simple, like oh hey the alt. is shot, and bam that fixes it, or nah the battery is acting up(tested good) that wire is gonna be a pain I bet to track or figure out.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well the alt. tested good, tried a new one, still did the same thing, looks like it's the wire going to the gauges or maybe the gauges themselves or circuit board? I took it all apart and saw nothing wrong, started to trace down the alt. wire to check it for breaks etc.

Anyone know exactly what fuse the gauges are? my wiring diagram said it went to gauge first then the fuse box.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, looks like she's fixed again, had the alt. tested and was fine again, evwen though autozone said it was bad, got a new one, tried it, same thing. Took it back, messed with my fuses and the wires behind the fuse panel, guess one of them was loose or not getting a good connection to the fuse or something, now it's working, running, and charging just fine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well not so much tadaa, I had already went over them before and it made it start firing the injectors again, but wouldn't charge. now it's charging again and working.

Now the charging system started to work.

So I had to go right back over the whole stupid thing again.

next up, I gotta try and take the fuse box off or loose, get to all sides of it, check it out, and figure a way to clean the contacts and make sure it stays working.

I kinda think either the injector fuse was loose as well causing the non fire issue, or that the battery was too low due to the alt. fuse not working the gauge.

I like when it's simple, but I hate when it's something you already went over and checked.