Power steering failed...again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
That “pressure relief delete” is more than likely the EVO thing that never works, I wouldn’t say that’s your issue.

What kind of condition is the steering box in?
I deleted the EVO on my '98 suburban by installing the pump and lines from a '92 K1500 and have had zero problems.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I deleted the EVO on my '98 suburban by installing the pump and lines from a '92 K1500 and have had zero problems.
I did the same, the same way right after I bought my truck. A combination of overactive EVO, worn out rag joint and sloppy box made my truck aggressively change lanes while trying to go straight. It was a sketchy ride home :rotflmao:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My power steering pump failed today one year to the day I replaced it...

...Am I missing something?
Multiple PS failures may indicate debris in the system.

EVERYTHING in the PS system is now suspect.

A PS filter and a THOROUGH fluid flush is the absolute bare minimum you need to do.

Rollybear1

Reaction score
I've pulled the pump and I'm waiting on the replacement. Since it came without the reservoir and I'm turning it in for warranty, I pulled the reservoir off. Found the metal ring that holds the back plate has come out of the groove that it sits in and the sealing o-ring has pushed out causing the complete loss of pressure.
thanks everyone. I've flushed the box 2 times now and have a inline filter to go with the new pump.