My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only have the two that are nice.

I have not started on the burned up 454 yet.

But it should turn out to be a nice truck.

All its missing is paint, an interior, wiring, grill, well everything that got melted. lol.

More to come, got to run and get an o-ring for the radiator drain ****.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Video:

No plugs, first crank.

Oil pressure 60+ at cranking speed. Good? lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, what a great choice and collection! Proud to have you aboard here on GMt400!
Thank you, as promised.

More pictures and video of first run.

And Video.

I might get her detailed in the next few days, plus the transmission wiring still needs to be re-wraped.

Stay tuned, more to come.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tomorrow it will be finish up stuff on the White 454. And after I clean up my back yard, I will call the wrecker to bring me the Black burned up 454.

I went and put some spare rims and tires on the front of it, and made sure it rolled. As you can see from my backyard work area, I have to jack up the rear end and swing it around to get the truck in there like that.

I have lot's of the parts for the burned up 454, but still need a ton more. Like A/C system, I will have to run all new brake line's. You know everything it will take to bring a shell back to a truck.

I might sell or trade the burned up truck once it is done for a RED 454. It must be Red, must run (dont care how good). And must not have a salavage title, not rusted apart, must be the factory block, care less about the mechanical shape of the truck. I am just going to redo everything anyway.

Hope you enjoyed this little bulid-up. If you did, stay tuned. You will really love the next.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's TBI 454 correct? I would be all over this for my truck if gas was reasonable again, and if I wasn't getting 16 mpg highway while pulling my trailer w/ the ol' 350 TBI. Not really trying to mod the 350 tbi tho...Gears really yield the most difference. Love the torque and reliability. Horsepower, what's horsepower? :gr_grin:

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's TBI 454 correct? I would be all over this for my truck if gas was reasonable again, and if I wasn't getting 16 mpg highway while pulling my trailer w/ the ol' 350 TBI. Not really trying to mod the 350 tbi tho...Gears really yield the most difference. Love the torque and reliability. Horsepower, what's horsepower? :gr_grin:
Yea its the '92 *** 454, but I plan on putting the 4.3L gears in the back. And I already have bulit the trans thats in it. So we will see where that takes me.

It sure does run better, now that it is running on 8 instead of 5. lol.

I will get better daylight video tomorrow once I clean the yard.