My 1998 Silverado Z71 Build ( Give Ideas )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Thats a nice truck, but id honestly stick with the truck you got. I started with a regular cab, and there was never enough room! I never want to go to anything smaller than an extended cab!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah his turned out great!!! wonder what your guys thoughts are on this. ive always wanted a single cab z71.....http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/3477179201.html

If it was red, I would be all over it! That is my dream truck. But stick with watcha got. I don't see the point in buying and selling vehicles after only a year. Now if you have the money and plan on keeping your current truck as well and it is what you want to do, jump on it. :imo:

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
yeah i see where you come from and i hunt alot here in arizona. i need the room! but i love the look of the single cabs! and ill post pics tommorow.. my trucks under body is beat to hell and there is a dent under tailight and on the passenger side bed (near z71 sticker )

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
hahaha yeah first i had a 96 gmc sierra z71 then i got this white one, and my dad wants to sell it. he said if i wanna put money into a "old" truck then it should be a clean body haha so i listen to him !! he controls the truck more than i do !

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
hahaha yeah first i had a 96 gmc sierra z71 then i got this white one, and my dad wants to sell it. he said if i wanna put money into a "old" truck then it should be a clean body haha so i listen to him !! he controls the truck more than i do !

You know, whatever you want to do, do it. I don't plan on selling my truck because it was my grandpa's and my 1st. It'll stick around for a while :lol:

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I find it better to put a little money into a slightly beatup truck, then spending more money for a mint truck. A mint truck, you will be afraid to use as a truck. A truck was meant to haul stuff, drive out to the woods, and get scratched up by branches. I say keep what you got, and fix what you can. Dont go overboard spending thousands of dollars on a truck that could only sell for 3 grand. You'll never get back what you put in, but you'll have the ability to say "i built that"

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I agree with the others stay with your current truck! Theres ways to fix dents that are cheaper then buying a different truck. Heck I would use the damaged bed as a reason to swap to a stepside bed. Or just rock the damage as badges of honor...they show that the truck has actually seen some action at one point.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
haha now you guys are making me feel good about the condition of the truck!!!! :) yeah i agree but its kinda my dads say so :( he got it for me. okay so ill stick with it as long as possible, but i really want to have some sort of a lift. dad wont let me get a body lift, and my torsion keys are cranked pretty good.