My 1998 Silverado Z71 Build ( Give Ideas )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
Okay so i have had my 98 silverado z71 for a year now, i love the old bodys like you all do. Soon im going to be getting a straight body ext cab z71 if i sell this one so i can put real money into her. Anyway, i wanted to hear some ideas one what i can do to make her pop.
any response is great, im new.
THanks!!!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 35
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 23

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I think you should start with the basics. Billet grille and actual smoked headlights/markers. I think those things alone would really help the front end. Im also a fan of bed crossover toolboxs and headache racks. I think a black toolbox and a black headache rack would really make it look nice.

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
haha yeah the headlights are "nightshades" we were just testing it out, im buying some new headlights and getting them done right like my taillights. yeah i have a chrome toolbox and im gonna get a black one, i agree with you. im thinking of getting a black grill maybe too, but i really want a lift before i do minor details... thanks for the response man!

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
No problem man. I have a strong interest in white ecsb's since i have one of my own. I really cant wait to see what you do to it. I think if you get different headlights/markets, it would really help. If you like the white/black theme, id suggest looking into color matching the grille, and painting the bumpers black. There are a few members on the site with this setup, and it seems to work pretty well.

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
yeah man im in love with OBS gm trucks, they look way better and run like a champ. your truck looks really good! i actually like those black flares alot! this site gave me alot of ideas, im only 19 so its hard to work on improving my truck with little time an money while in college. i really like rancho rear bumpers but the price is crazy! out here in Arizona its rare to find or see one. Im excited too! i seriously cant wait to start building her up!

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
yeah i just looked at his earlier!! im gonna clean my truck tommorow as best as i can and put up some more pictures. i want a custom rear bumper but i cant find one to save my ass haha. thanks for the reference!

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Yeah thats one of the builds i had in mind. One thing id suggest if you do go forward with a build like his, is to not make the headlights so dark. I believe a lightly smoked headlight would look much much better. With the added bonus of actually being able to see too!

yeah man im in love with OBS gm trucks, they look way better and run like a champ. your truck looks really good! i actually like those black flares alot! this site gave me alot of ideas, im only 19 so its hard to work on improving my truck with little time an money while in college. i really like rancho rear bumpers but the price is crazy! out here in Arizona its rare to find or see one. Im excited too! i seriously cant wait to start building her up!

Yeah i know how you feel. Im only 20, working 40 hours a week, and going to college 15 credit hours. Getting paid barely over minimum wage, doesn't give me a lot of free money to spend on the rig. But if your patient and save a little, you can treat yourself to some nice things over time. The list of 'wants' keeps getting longer!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah i just looked at his earlier!! im gonna clean my truck tommorow as best as i can and put up some more pictures. i want a custom rear bumper but i cant find one to save my ass haha. thanks for the reference!
Check out his front bumper. It is just something he did in photoshop or something (not sure, I'm not good with that stuff). He doesn't have it on the truck it was just an idea. It's pretty cool and could give you some ideas for the front!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yeah thats one of the builds i had in mind. One thing id suggest if you do go forward with a build like his, is to not make the headlights so dark. I believe a lightly smoked headlight would look much much better. With the added bonus of actually being able to see too!

Shadowrejects did that with his truck