My 1998 2 door tahoe LQ9 6.0L build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just did a rough 15 minute photoshop mock up of the truck and what I kind of plan it to look like. Take in mind this is an Old picture. The carmine red paint has faded since then and its current gold bottom has always been an eye sore for me. Gonna do a dark grey on the bottom and either a fresh carmine red paint on top or a blood red non metallic paint job. I've got a diesel front bumper and a modified TAG rear bumper. Its also debadged.

You must be registered for see images

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed routes just ordered some 17x8 Cragar soft 8's gloss black gonna do 265/70/17 tires not sure what kind. Just got tired of the Teflon wheels. Wanna do gloss black wheels bumpers mirrors grille.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered some Nitto Terra grappler 265/70/17's for the cragar soft 8's. Decided I think I'm probably gonna Vinyl the truck instead of paint it. Just gonna paint the underbody/frame. Any suggestions on undercoatings other then POR-15? Don't really wanna go through that process and I don't really have rust just alittle surface rust.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you draggin95 for that I'ma look into it tonight.

Got the cragar soft 8's today... Wow sad day... summit.com sent me used already balanced soft 8's scuffed and banged up pretty damn bad. Whatever... Not letting it get to me, called them up and told them "Hey new rims in nice packaging Tuesday no questions asked and ship them to tire kingdom and pickup the **** rims from tire kingdom" and the rep replied no problem and apologized. So whatever, summit is still a good company and the reps that know their **** are also good so I'm not bashing the company what so ever. Anyways wheels will be here tuesday and the nittos are sitting pretty at the tire shop.

Also, Found out the real problem I'm having with the driveshafts etc. I need a wedge under my rear end to line everything up and possibly need to lengthen the driveshaft about 1 1/2". Until the problems fixed I'll just need to keep replacing rear main seals.

Next comes wiring then under body paint and probably a vinyl wrap of the whole truck.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The frame coating that I like is applied with a brush believe it or not, it flow's together and turn's out nice. One of the magazine's maybe Street Truck's recently used this and did a tech section using it too!

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'd much rather use a brush cause I don't plan to seperate the cab from the frame. But hey this **** looks good man watching videos on it right now. Reading your CCstepside build right now drooling haha.