My 1998 2 door tahoe LQ9 6.0L build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really wouldn't mind doing Sport colors summit white on a dark grey. I think it would look great. Hummm and I've always loved the storm trooper look, only thing is I'd really probably rather have it painted inside and out if I do such a drastic paint difference.

You must be registered for see images

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That's what my ECSB stuck looks like, minus the brush guard and trim. I'm getting my bumper painted to match though. I liked the other pic too.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

So currently what shes sitting like, dirty as and in the process of removing the roof rack I've got a few stripped bolts that need attention. Still havent had the time to fix driveshaft issue and redo wiring. As soon as that stuffs done I'd like to drop the tahoe a bit and paint it black. I need new rear springs anyways so any suggestions on dropping the rear? My front end is still a 4wd front end with torsion bars etc. The torsion is decranked all the way. In the future I'd like to swap in a 2wd front end from something. But in the mean time and since I need to replace rear springs, what kit or leaf springs or whatever should I get to bring the rear down a bit. Also take in mind its a 14 bolt SF 9.5" rear end. I'm looking for a stance similar to this truck but take in my I have 265/70/17 tires/wheels. I'd also maybe like to drop the front like an inch? I want to have it sitting like a PPV tahoe and I believe the z56 suspension is a 1-2" drop on top of it being 2wd already. Where would that put me having a 4wd suspension?

You must be registered for see images attach

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Honestly the ride height is fine but I just want to replace my rear springs and do a 2wd front end swap but I was just thinking it would be nice have it sitting a tad lower I'm very skeptical.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently attempted to fix the Tacho not reading on the gauge cluster. Ain't gonna happen, all is wired and nothing happens. Got the wire ran so I can just get an aftermarket Tach I guess one of these days and just plug it right in.
Also, replaced ugly and scary fan controller with a stinger 80 amp relay plugged it into acc so now whenever the motors on the Efans are on. Figured out the problem that I'm getting when the AC is on and random occources of low/rough idle and annoyances while in traffic. It is 110% not any wiring problem but the need of a dyno tune or efilive the need for a scan tool or something not sure where to go with this problem but I'm guessing the best route is a proper dyno tune. Once thats fixed I'll get the wiring cleaned up some and the driveshaft issue corrected then the truck will have 0 issues other then the tach which I'll get and it not having cruise control which I don't care about.