My 1998 2 door tahoe LQ9 6.0L build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey on your "2dr blazer 2wd swap" what is your method of the front end? Are you going to swap in a 2wd c1500 front end? What are you planning on doing? Cause I feel that eventually (down the road) I'd like to make it right in the front yuh know non torsion bar and all the pointless stuff now. I'ma show what I did with my front end and take pics of the rest of the truck over the weekend since its stopped raining now. I need a collaborater.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am swapping the whole frame out, I bought a 2wd 99 burb frame that I am going to section the middle out of and weld back together and fish plate, 2wd Tahoe frames are hard to come by here so I am just going to build my own.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess I need to come stay at your place for awhile ha. No shop no space no room... Tired of paying people to do the more advanced **** for me. Not that I know how to weld anyways.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I hear that, it really suck's to have no room, I lived in town like that for 21 year's!

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah well in a few years I hope to be out of florida and then in the next 5 years I want to either own or be renting a house in north georiga tennessee or north carolina.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok tires and wheels finally on. What a fricken difference! Nitto terra grapplers in the S rating 265/70/17 on cragar soft 8's and couldn't be happier. Super Smooth ride quiet no loss of power great traction and great looks. Need to find chrome hub caps though that don't say cragar on them. Took the roof rack off today finally, been waiting to do that for a couple years. I ran into the fact that 3 of the 8 bolts were stripped and that will go into tomorrow. Left the supports on and then came up with a cool/clean idea. I'm going to use the ugly bolts left over and for one on each 4 sides of the truck put a light in and just use a washer on the bolt to fit it to the light. I already have a RV satalite watertight sealed port on the roof that I've used for the wiring for lighting in the past. There was a light bar mount for the lights mounted to the roofrack but I got tired of the cluttered look quickly and off it went.