My 1998 2 door tahoe LQ9 6.0L build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for my 98' 2 door. I've been daily driving it with the LQ9 since January and its to a point now where I'm going to continue working on it and finish it.
It started life as a 5.7L vortec autotrac 4wd truck and now it has a SS silverado LQ9 and a 4L65e transmission with a 14 bolt SF 9.5" rear end. Front differential, front driveshaft, and transfer case have been removed in favor of 2wd.
So anyways I'll post some pics soon and give you my plans. Any requests or questions post here.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely ha, currently thinking of picking up some 2010 Chevy Tahoe 20" alloy's and powdering coating them black or possibly just leaving them alone. Ready to ditch the mud tires and AR mojave's. Gonna do the pro touring thing with the truck now.
You must be registered for see images attach

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so your going to keep the 4wd frame and try to make it work?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just thinking because of the torsion front supension, it would be a lot more work then a 2wd frame, with the coils

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been riding on the 4wd frame with no 4wd parts with the torsion bars since March. No need to go find a hard to find 2wd 2 door tahoe and start all over again ha. I mean if had a shop and the time/money I'd go find a 2wd frame paint it up and do everything new. Been raining last few days so no new pics. Going in monday to the shop to try to fix a long time problem of the driveshaft not lining up correctly causing vibration and other annoyances at high speeds. Then later in the week it'll be getting some new tires/wheels.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna do 275/55/20" tires. My options are Goodyear Eagle LS2's, Nitto Crosstek's, or Sumitomo: HTR Sport H/P's. And I'm either gonna do the Tahoe 20" LTZ wheels in Matte black or Silver.