My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
No new updates but I got some new pics that I thought were alright
You must be registered for see images attach

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Recently I replaced my tires. I went back to the Hankook AT/Ms since I loved them when the truck was stock. I'm running 315/75/r17s. They have been great once again. I also had my whole front end redone and replaced my gear box last month. Other than that there haven't really been any updates

I just went on a deer hunt out in the Gila National Forrest and decided to go deep wilderness so I put the old camper shell back on her and slept in there. I honestly kind of like it with the camper shell on it and it will be staying on for a few more weeks till after my elk hunt next week. I think it looks like a big safari truck haha. Here's what my camp ended up looking like!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The tires fill the wheel wells nicely. But whats with the camper top? It doesn't look like it fits right near the back window. Maybe it's the pic?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
The tires fill the wheel wells nicely. But whats with the camper top? It doesn't look like it fits right near the back window. Maybe it's the pic?

Thanks man. I was had the hardest time deciding between going 37s and staying on 35s. It has a rubber seal that goes right around the back window so the actual camper shell doesn't fit flush against the cab. It is old man. My dad had it put on in 98 like three months after he bought the truck haha. It was on till I got the truck when I started driving in 2009. It had just been sitting for like six years and I decided to throw it back on haha!

I've never seen a topper like that

It is an old SnugTop and the front windows open up just like the back windows of the truck. The big rear windows don't open at all

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thanks man. I was had the hardest time deciding between going 37s and staying on 35s. It has a rubber seal that goes right around the back window so the actual camper shell doesn't fit flush against the cab. It is old man. My dad had it put on in 98 like three months after he bought the truck haha. It was on till I got the truck when I started driving in 2009. It had just been sitting for like six years and I decided to throw it back on haha!

Cool! I think I remember those tops. That reminds me, I need to get mine on soon. And Started driving in 2009?? God you make me feel old! I started driving in 84!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Cool! I think I remember those tops. That reminds me, I need to get mine on soon. And Started driving in 2009?? God you make me feel old! I started driving in 84!

Yeah man my dad was a big time camper shell guy haha. He was pretty upset when I took it off. Yes sir I was fifteen in 2009 and here in NM that's when you can start driving!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Only pic I got from my elk hunt this last weekend on the way out. Truck did great. We were up at about 10,000 feet elevation and my neighbor's 06 Chevy actually burnt up the trans pulling the trailer I am hooked up to on the way up. You go from 4500 feet to 9500 feet in about 14 miles so there is some pretty steep stretches of road. I switched him and pulled the bigger trailer that had two quads, gear, and some wood plus the truck bed was also loaded and it didn't sweat it at all. His truck struggled to pull the smaller trailer with one quad on it that I took on my deer hunt a few weeks ago but it got it done. It was wet, muddy and cold but still always a great time to get into the mountains and get away for a bit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would kill for a place to go camping like that aroud here. The only place I know of is a state park and of course that takes all the fun out of it