Max tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badeagle

Reaction score
So just so I make sure im correct here, If I cranked 2" and used a 2: block I would be about 2" more than you are right? I know I should be able to crank 2" easy, my cv's are dead flat right now.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I was looking at H1 hummer 37" tires. Does anyone know if they actually measure out to 35.5" like i am seeing on the web?

Our 3500s can clear them. Theres a member on here with military surplus Hummer tires on his truck. I think its got a 3" BL and about a 1.5" crank...

1badeagle

Reaction score
I had messaged that fellow, but he never messaged me back. What kind of wheels do I need to be looking for tow run the hummer tires? Like what backspacing?

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, stock H1 beadlock wheels are 16.5x9 with a 7" backspacing I believe. You'll probably want a little less backspacing than that though so you have a wider stance. You can buy recentered H1's off the internet if you want to go that route or just get some other 16.5" from somewhere else.

1badeagle

Reaction score
yea, I have a set of stock 03 2500hd steel wheels on it now. What kind of back spacing do I need to keep the tires where they need to be and looking good?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run 35x12.50s on my 2500 with zero lift, zero crank, some minor trimming, 3.73 gears on 16x8" AR rims with 3.5bs I believe. I thought that was tight until I ran into a guy with a 95 2500 stuffing 37 military take offs with zero lift, zero crank, 4.10, trimming and some crazy offset wheels. It can be done and be drivable with enough determination lol.

1badeagle

Reaction score
I run 35x12.50s on my 2500 with zero lift, zero crank, some minor trimming, 3.73 gears on 16x8" AR rims with 3.5bs I believe. I thought that was tight until I ran into a guy with a 95 2500 stuffing 37 military take offs with zero lift, zero crank, 4.10, trimming and some crazy offset wheels. It can be done and be drivable with enough determination lol.

YOu got any pics of said truck with 37s? My truck will be better to drive than most due to the semi built 454 and 5 speed manual with 4.10 gears

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have pictures of the 2500 on 37s but be def did some serious trimming. This is mine on 35s. I have a built 350HO(approx 400hp) and 3.73s currently. I can't roast the tires clear off like I would with 33s but it still drives fine and doesn't rev all too high. The only reason I did as much trimming as I did was be because my torsion bars are decranked past flat a degree or two. Just because I beat my rig offroad and have issues keeping CV shafts, BJs and TREs in it which is problematic when I sometimes drive it 6+ hrs to play on the rocks and I have to be able to drive it back from a day on the trails. The back of my front fenders has 2" chopped out, the bumper is moved up an inch and has an inch cut out but thats so I can steer with completely flat CV angles. No trim on the rear.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: