Tire Size Suggestions: 20x8, C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once my wheels arrive and are painted I will need some new rubber.

The truck currently has a stock wheel/tire combo with 245/75R16. The new wheels are 20x8 on each corner. The truck is also dropped 5/8, but will probably come down another inch or so in the front next year. I have already settled on Toyo Proxes ST3 tires. I was thinking 275/45

Any inputs? I would be much appreciative.

Last edited:

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 275/40 would be a better height. I’m currently running a 5/8, falken 275/40 up front with a proxes st3 315/35 in the rear. I’m gonna be honest I hate the proxes and advice staying away from them. The dry traction is mediocre at best, wet traction is awful. They don’t ride very good and get noisy with increased miles on them. Lateral stiffness isn’t great and they also have close to zero wheel lip protection. I have a fair bit of experience with falkens on the other hand and love them so far, especially the fk510 although the compound might be a bit soft depending on what your purpose of the truck is.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 275/40 would be a better height. I’m currently running a 5/8, falken 275/40 up front with a proxes st3 315/35 in the rear. I’m gonna be honest I hate the proxes and advice staying away from them. The dry traction is mediocre at best, wet traction is awful. They don’t ride very good and get noisy with increased miles on them. Lateral stiffness isn’t great and they also have close to zero wheel lip protection. I have a fair bit of experience with falkens on the other hand and love them so far, especially the fk510 although the compound might be a bit soft depending on what your purpose of the truck is.
Interesting on the Proxes. I’ve never ran them, but they seem to be a good choice for lowered trucks that still tow or haul. Appreciate a different POV on them, so thank you. I was always under the impression that falkens were more performance oriented.

This is not a performance truck. It is a cruiser at the end of the day. Eventually it will be used to tow other vehicles home if needed.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they would be ok for towing/hauling if you’re not looking for performance but I believe there are some better options out there in a similar price range. I forgot to note the proxes also run very narrow. The contact patch on the 315s is barely 1/2” wider than the falken 275.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t even driven it enough to know if they do rub. The wheels rub on the LCA which is why I’m getting the 20s.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Not on a truck, but had the same experience with Toyo Proxies. They were like driving on marshmellows, and would probably induce a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel, if towing.