22x8/10 tire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm777

Reaction score
I have a 92 1500 that I am building. I have a lowering kit that can be either a 4/6 or a 5/7 drop. Was planning on doing the 4/6. I have a set of 22” rims for it. 22x8 for the front, 22x10 for the rear. I’m having a hard time finding exactly what width tire I need to run in the front. They have plenty of options for the back, but running the 8 inch wide rims with a lower profile tire is proving to be difficult. Someone told me to run a 245/35/22 in the front, 295/30/22 for the rear. Can anyone confirm if those tire sizes are correct, or if they aren’t can someone tell me the correct sizes? The profile of the tire I can figure out with a tire calculator, it’s the width that I’m not 100% about and I want to get the correct tires to go on these brand new $2000 wheels.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Normally the safest route is to do the lowering and then bring the truck to a tire shop and have them assist you with getting the right wheels and tires. This way if it doesn’t fit they will be responsible to switch to different sizing.