Tire Size Suggestions: 20x8, C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of choices in 255/45/20 including XL load rating, that's an OEM size for a lot of SRT8 applications. That's a 29" tire, 10" section width. I had them on all 4 corners on my previous 300, on 9" wheels, BFG Sport Comp 2 which are fun for me but wouldn't recommend them for your truck. Not good on the tread life due to soft compound.

I do agree with what was mentioned earlier on the Toyo Proxes ST3's being not great (but OK) in the rain and so-so dry traction, they're more of a tread life tire that can stand up to a heavy vehicle. I've got them on both our SS's.

Richard

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would stay under 29in tall.

I know you want to rotate but I think a little wider tire on the rear looks better and shows you “gave thought” to your set up IMO. here are two options I think would work best…

245-45 front
275-40 rear
Same height all around, rear just a hair wider.

Or

245-45 front
255-45 rear

Just a little taller and wider in the rear, this would prob be the set up i would choose because the tire would be perfectly flush on the front wheel and the rear would have a slight sidewall bulge and the side profile would look good.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
245/45/20 would probably be a pretty decent choice on an 8" wheel and help prevent issues on the front. They looked kind of skinny to me on a 9" wheel as it was the OEM staggered fitment (245/45 front, 255/45 rear) on my previous 300. I did just have to edit my post back and mention that was the older car I swapped to running 255/45's on all four, maybe it was a senior moment or something. When I changed to the Hellcat wheels on my current 300, that bumped up to 9.5" wheels and I'm running the OEM size 275/40/20 on all fours. Too many tire/wheel combos to keep them straight anymore..

Your 245/45/20 and 275/40/20 suggestion is a pretty good one other than I think the 275 will be a bit too wide for an 8" wheel so they might bulge a bit and have a funky contact patch. 255/45/20 as you also mentioned, would be better and only slightly taller than the 245/45/20 so they'd look nearly the same height.

Can be kind of tough to tell from pics instead of in person but here's a few of those examples

245/45/20 front, 255/45/20 rear, on 9" wheels

Same car and wheels, but 255/45/20 on all fours

Current ride, 275/40/20 on all fours, 9.5" wheels, to me they are a perfect fit for that wheel width - I have a tough time imagining they would fit well on an 8" wheel. That size is recommended for a 9"-11" wheel.

Anyway there's your daily dose of SRT products on a Chevy forum :anitoof:

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I think I like the 245/45 series. @95burban - the other reason I do not want to run staggered is in case I have a tire failure that I can't patch/fill on the side of the road. I will only have 1 spare (a stock 16" that fits on the rear) to use. If I have a failure on the front, I cannot put the stocker up there. I will have to cycle one off the rear to put up front. I suppose it wouldn't matter much if i wasn't going far, but I'd like to avoid it. If I had 18s, a bit more rake, I would consider getting different sizes. Appreciate you wanting me to look good though.:cool: Hope you don't take any offense.

Tonight I've looked at Nitto Motivos ($828; 60K mile warranty), Goodyear Exhilarates ($1K after rebate; 45K mile warranty), and Continental Control Contact Sport ($960; 50K mile warranty). They all review well in wet and dry conditions. I am leaning towards the Nitto Motivos. Price is good, reviewed well, and affordable. Though the goodyears would probably be my second pick.

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the nito motiovs try to get LX if they have them. The continentals I had were loud and rode bad. They were factory take offs from some $$$$ suv. After that I switched to nitto 420v and it was a huge difference, no more rolling burn outs :( but the truck rode better. I probably have 35-40k miles on them now, never rotated, and still look new.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the nito motiovs try to get LX if they have them. The continentals I had were loud and rode bad. They were factory take offs from some $$$$ suv. After that I switched to nitto 420v and it was a huge difference, no more rolling burn outs :( but the truck rode better. I probably have 35-40k miles on them now, never rotated, and still look new.
I found a set of 420V in 265/45R20 XL rating. They are just under 1" wider than the 245s. Looks like a decent tire. I wonder if 265s will fit.