matte black and chrome to almond work truck rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinrichs

Reaction score

hinrichs

Reaction score
Decided yesterday to stain and protect the wood and went with some for a deck since it was a better price and made for outdoors. Good thing as well since it rained last night all night.

Need to do the front tubs tonight so I can drive it since my jeep has to go to the body shop, just worry about driving it without any

You must be registered for see images
wood stained by minthinrich, on Flickr

hinrichs

Reaction score
Well needed to add some straps due to the wood expanding from water...my fit was a little too tight anyway so also shaved one board down a little bit. Going to add a few more then figure out how to get to the battery easily just incase.

This weekend or tomorrow I will be doing the front inner fenders after my friend and I hit the junk yard for a few parts and maybe a rear bumper.

wood straps by minthinrich, on Flickr

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Going to add a few more then figure out how to get to the battery easily just incase.

That's what I'm going to do this weekend too. I'm going relocate my battery to the bed so I have easyer acses to the battery.

hinrichs

Reaction score
This weekend ran to the local junk yard to find a bumper, but didn't think ahead enough to bring something to lay on. I found the perfect bumper I want but ill need to borrow a sawzall to just cut the brackets off and get some new ones. I like the roll pan but would rather have a bumper I feel.

Spent a good portion of Saturday working on the front inners, they are not perfect since I had to deal with the cuts from the po which made it a little more challenging to weld, but it worked and they fit well. I do need to come up with a solution for the coolant overflow however since I am finally driving it everyday, a water bottle is what I have right now, and it kind of works. What are you guys using?

front inners 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
front inners 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
driving 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
behind work 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Must be a PITA dealing with rusty bolts on stuff like the bumper brackets up there yeah? Be careful shopping new brackets; I've seen some aftermarket ones that are the puniest **** in the world. Had a parts truck come in with them; half the weld nuts broke loose while I was trying to get the bumper off, and the steel was noticeably thinner. Junk.

Keep the pics coming, always cool to see somebody doing something different. Not just for the sake of being different but because it's just what they wanna do, for whatever reason, doesn't matter. Love the project.

Richard

hinrichs

Reaction score
so I had to take my mom home from work today, and she said "wow this rides rough" (she is used to my other cars that rode like race cars fyi) and it got me thinking of how to make the bounce go away.

Would new bags help? or rear shocks?

Does moving the bags from over the axle to the sides on the 2 link help that much? I love driving it now since the jeep is still in the shop but Im getting really tired of bouncing down the road. Driving psi is 80 front and 40-50 rear currently. The front I can actually drop to around 60 but can't really turn well so I keep it higher. I am used to running around 40 F and 30 R on my other bagged cars.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
bags over axel is definitely a worse ride than a bag on bar setup. Pretty much the only reason I would do a bag over axel setup is if I planned on towing alot with it