matte black and chrome to almond work truck rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Well wasn't really a fun weekend. Did install some 4x4 flares and chopped a good amount out behind them, just didn't take any pics of the fronts, which didn't help much at all sadly. Went for dinner with friends after the install and the clutch slave blew its seals and had to limp it home in 2nd or 1st gear which was interesting....good thing I was only like 5 min away at the time. Sadly needed a new clutch line as well which wasn't cheap, and took 2 days to bleed it.

You must be registered for see images
boscovs wall by minthinrich, on Flickr
work parked by minthinrich, on Flickr
flares by minthinrich, on Flickr

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bagged trucks and Jeeps, we have the same taste. Good to see you are bringing this one back the right way.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Bagged trucks and Jeeps, we have the same taste. Good to see you are bringing this one back the right way.

Thanks man. The jeep is what started to get me away from all the European cars I have owned, yet still work on all my friends tho. I do plan to build something for the local hill climb when I find the extra time and cash. Right now tho Id love to be able to tow my jeep with the truck but I don't think it could handle it. Sucks having 2 expensive hobbies lol. Truck has been a love hate relationship with how much was done wrong by the previous owner, or owners. Last thing it needs technically is a carpet. I do have to flush the brake system. You guys wont believe how gross the fluid is.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Imo a have always hated fender flares on 4wd's so sorry man but they really don't look right on your truck, imo.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Well the fenders I have are junk from being cut wrong inside, and also the edges were "baconed" badly so this was my thinking into a vw trick for running wider wheels and I just kinda wanted to do something different. Here was the reason for the flare, and most wheels I find and may run have a little lower offset than I want so this was another reason. I know most people wont like it tho.

fender cut by minthinrich, on Flickr

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Mabye if the fenders flares were painted the same color s the body they would look better. But scew my option its all about what you like brother. Lol. Seriously your truck your is looking good.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Reaction score
First Im gonna try and paint the body line to match them with plastidip and see how that turns out which I think will bring it all together. We did think about paint matching them but of course I was too excited to have them on lol.

hinrichs

Reaction score
Exhaust crossover is getting moved tomorrow hopefully, and then gonna try and get the front frame on the ground, hopefully wont take to much. Also noticed the front bags are going to need to be replaced since the po never cut out the pockets and they are rubbing. May be at its last show for the year sunday, but doesn't look like ill be going so may be a weekend of making everything better and hopefully get it lower.

flickr isn't working but also added leds to my cluster which I love...just need to get 2 of the gauges to actually work.

Last edited: