MANUAL OWNERS: Show me your less-than stock shifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. Think about the straight-line distance you move the shifter from the top of the pattern to the bottom, 1st to 2nd for example. Now, if you install this shifter, that straight-line distance will be reduced by 20%.

Ohhhhh OK

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i actually have a hurst shifter and have modified the throw, my adding a 120 degree bracket, for very short throws and i don't bang my knuckles on the dash, going into fifth gear ......trying to get pic

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
this pic is in first gear
You must be registered for see images attach

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
had the shifter on for 5 years.....made the bracket myself, out of 3-1/8 inch peices of steel....bolted together with the handle. and the top peice from the shifter...total holes were three....

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a really old pic of my less than stock shifter stick on my less than stock transmission:
You must be registered for see images attach

that was with the T handle on it, but I've pulled that off for a smaller/lighter ball....I eventually will build a small 'console' type thing for the boot to bolt to a little cleaner. since this pic was taken I've also removed the gear selector on the auto column and put a manual column cover on it, and a few other things....

stepside90

Reaction score
Ok I swear i just dont get it.lol I cant figure out why i cant upload photos when replying on threads. arrrg. I have a picture of my custom shifter and wanted to show ya but i just cant get it.Im not so hot on computer topics..give me motors and such lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Upload your pix on photobucket, then copy the bottom code of the four when you hover over the over the
pic, then paste it into your response.