LS1 sudden onset won't run right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The purple wire on the obd port needs to go to pin 58 on the blue connector. Just to help you out, it will be either purple or dark green coming from the PCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Lol I know how that is, post a pic I am interested to see this mess under the hood.

Behold the suckage:
You must be registered for see images attach

The purple wire on the obd port needs to go to pin 58 on the blue connector. Just to help you out, it will be either purple or dark green coming from the PCM

Thanks! I'll check it out hopefully early next week if not sooner. I've got it parked over in storage at the moment, trying to do a little less driveway juggling.

Richard

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where's the engine?! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, had the truck here at the house and a little time to mess with it. Couldn't unravel the nightmare harness enough to see where they ran the wiring, without total disassembly...so I cheated, and tapped that wire at pin 58 on the blue connector - purple wire. Ran it to pin 2 on the ALDL which is also purple, supposed to be the signal wire. I've still got no results; Torque says it's not connected to the ECM. So either I'm doing something wrong, or this ELM327 adapter doesn't like this PCM. It reads data fine on my '06 300C SRT8 which actually kinda surprised me a little.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, had the truck here at the house and a little time to mess with it. Couldn't unravel the nightmare harness enough to see where they ran the wiring, without total disassembly...so I cheated, and tapped that wire at pin 58 on the blue connector - purple wire. Ran it to pin 2 on the ALDL which is also purple, supposed to be the signal wire. I've still got no results; Torque says it's not connected to the ECM. So either I'm doing something wrong, or this ELM327 adapter doesn't like this PCM. It reads data fine on my '06 300C SRT8 which actually kinda surprised me a little.

Richard
Nice. Throw some meatballs into that spaghetti mess! I haven't had an issue with the elm327 connecting to anything. I have also used it on a 99 camaro so it should connect.