Lowered Dually guys step inside....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
But, if you'll notice in some of the pix, we removed the overload springs & had some other small, short springs made up to replace the O/L's.
The O/L's wouldn't fit by flipping them over & re-installing.
This was to get the truck down 1 more inch for that 7" total. But it's sooo wrong! Lost the progressive spring rate! Normal driving, they're fine. Push relatively hard in the corners, & the rear just blows right through the travel till it's on the bump stops!
So, the overloads are going back in & I'll get that 7" lowered height with a dropped shackle set at the first hole.
Thanks for posting that; so many people do stuff that doesn't work out as planned but they're so invested in what they were doing was "OK" that they'd never fess to it. I've been preaching forever that pulling ANY leafs destroys your handling characteristics, but people insist on doing it anyway. :gr_grin: Believe me I understand the desire to be lower, but I learned a long time ago that pulling springs is a bad shortcut to the goal.

I was considering the GMT900 rear hydraulic crewcab body mounts.... Wondering if they will stop the shake.....
Those are cool until they fail and you wonder why you spent all the money on them. That kind of technology has been used in engine mounts on high-end cars for quite a while to cut down on vibration transfer. As a matter of fact I need to replace FOUR of them on the SRT8's because they are leaking viscous goo, both cars under 100K miles. Gonna be over $450 in parts to go with solid-style mounts from the 6-speed Challengers instead and ditch the gooey ones. I know people that have junked Cadillacs instead of paying to have the engine mounts replaced, but those were people that had to pay someone else to turn wrenches for them so there's labor cost involved too.

Looks tasty!
You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT - now that I've said all that, I've looked into the GMT900 mounts a little closer and it seems the belief they are hydraulic is a misconception. They appear to be all rubber, no goo, but that's not from an official source so you may want to check it out for yourself. It may be the parts are suspended in goo, or...who knows. Lots of hearsay on the topic.

Richard

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Those are cool until they fail and you wonder why you spent all the money on them. That kind of technology has been used in engine mounts on high-end cars for quite a while to cut down on vibration transfer. As a matter of fact I need to replace FOUR of them on the SRT8's because they are leaking viscous goo, both cars under 100K miles. Gonna be over $450 in parts to go with solid-style mounts from the 6-speed Challengers instead and ditch the gooey ones. I know people that have junked Cadillacs instead of paying to have the engine mounts replaced, but those were people that had to pay someone else to turn wrenches for them so there's labor cost involved too.

Looks tasty!
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

I haven't heard of them failing. A friend of mine has a set on is extended cab for a few years now. I have a lot of other things to spend money on though :)