First lowered truck. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rowdy Texan

Reaction score
Hi I just bought a really clean 98 c3500 454 with 103k on it . It was owned by an older guy that was working on it making it into a slick ride and passed away before he competed it. I don’t know anything about lowered trucks , I have a lifted 98 k1500 with 37’s on it but this is a new thing for me. My question is can I still pull a full load with it and install a gooseneck, it has a flipped axle with air helpers and that’s about all I know. It needs new shocks because this has been sitting for 10 yrs and the shocks are now loose cuz the bushings are cracking. I have no idea what size shocks to get or how to find out. It rides good and drives great really smooth just rattles , I need to use it to pull. It was a good deal on it and didn’t wanna pass it up. I was gonna raise it back stock but I really like the way it handles and looks lowered. Please let me know your thought or what to look for I’ll put a couple pics of it on here
Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah!!!!!! That's the good stuff right there!!!
Dream rig for me.
As for towing, as long as the stock leaf springs are all still there, only the location of the axle is changed. Should be good to go, with new shocks of course.
On the other hand, if it's a hacked up mess under there, you may be in trouble.
Take some pictures of the rear from underneath and post them.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, stock shocks (or whatever is a recommended stock replacement) with shock extenders will ride better than any of the drop shock offerings. Looks like you're not super low (3/5 if I was guessing) so you can run stockers. Just be sure to get extenders (also called relocators) to keep the angle right.

Rowdy Texan

Reaction score
Thank you all. I will get some pics after while of underneath so you can see. Plan to get the paint matching soon .. any ideas what it’s worth after paints done ?? Interior is pretty good. No perfect but not torn up