First lowered truck. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has a 4in drop in the front. You have spindles and drop coils. He bought the complete bell tech kit. The rear is 8in b cause they do in fact sit higher in the rear and have a thicker leaf spring packs. Me personally I would remove the thick overload leaf since you have helper bags, the ride will improve greatly.
All the flip kits I've put on duallys (3 of them) have tucked the rear wheels further than what the op has. I don't think that's 8 in the back. Looks more like 6 to me.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Youve got a castle nut on a tie rod that looks like it’s upside down and missing a cotter pin. Also brake hoses appear to be awfully close and possibly rubbing.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the flip kits I've put on duallys (3 of them) have tucked the rear wheels further than what the op has. I don't think that's 8 in the back. Looks more like 6 to me.
I totally agree with you something doesn’t make since, maybe it has lift shackles on it. If you look at @someotherguy dually his sits perfect. I’ve never used a lowering kit straight from the box on a dually. Kits are like hamburger meat, it’s your base. Then you season it to taste.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I totally agree with you something doesn’t make since, maybe it has lift shackles on it. If you look at @someotherguy dually his sits perfect. I’ve never used a lowering kit straight from the box on a dually. Kits are like hamburger meat, it’s your base. Then you season it to taste.
Thanks.. I actually think my truck looks slightly sagged in the back, but I know it's just my eyes playing tricks on me because of the lower wheel opening height in the rear fenders. The truck is near dead level, but I haven't actually put measuring tape on it to prove it to myself. I like where it's at and probably won't do anything to change it except possibly putting the lower overload leaf back in at some point.

Pics so you don't have to go look them up:

The setup on my truck is the Belltech 722SP - spindles and springs up front, flip kit out back, stock shackles. I didn't use the supplied coil spacers in front, so it's the full 5/8 drop. Tires are OEM size 225/75/16 (29.29" tall)

Youve got a castle nut on a tie rod that looks like it’s upside down and missing a cotter pin. Also brake hoses appear to be awfully close and possibly rubbing.

Looks like a real hack did that install :( I have to agree it needs a thorough going-over. The brake hoses on this setup are tricky to get bent correctly so they clear everything, and it's best to double-check once the truck is at ride height, so set it down on jack stands under the LCA's and check the hose clearances again. Putting some gentle bends in the metal portion of the brake hoses is a requirement with this type of drop, because otherwise they will rub and get damaged.

My old '92 ECLB wasn't nearly as bad but when I started digging into it I did find one upper ball joint castle nut didn't have a cotter pin on it, and had begun loosening. That was an exciting discovery.

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And your driveway has a good slope to it too, that'll throw the perception of "angle and level" off too.
100% correct, makes for funny picture angles, but even sitting on level ground it looks weird to me. Just taking some getting used to. I shoulda just posted these instead. My beater in all its glory :anitoof: (actually doing work, hauling around a measly couple hundred pounds of equipment back to our shop)

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
100% correct, makes for funny picture angles, but even sitting on level ground it looks weird to me. Just taking some getting used to. I shoulda just posted these instead. My beater in all its glory :anitoof: (actually doing work, hauling around a measly couple hundred pounds of equipment back to our shop)

Richard
I run into that a lot, because so many places we park the big fella are not level. I feel like the truck is just a lil bit tweaked off square and flat, but I'm sure it got run into a ditch or ravine at some earlier time in its life. It still goes down the road straight....