Looks like the truck is gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Just pulled all the MSD stuff out of the HEI Distributor, and DAMN does it still run awesome, i also changed the Cap at the same time, seems like its running better.

I haven't had the best luck with MSD.

Not to mention, my MSD cap wouln't seal to the base of the distributor, and wouldn't start when it was damp/raining out.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I haven't had the best luck with MSD.

Not to mention, my MSD cap wouln't seal to the base of the distributor, and wouldn't start when it was damp/raining out.

Im starting to wonder if the cap i had wasnt screwed, it was all chewed up and the inside was covered in oil, it only has like 1000KM on it.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Agreed. Been through 2 MSD coils, one cap, one Accell coil. So far so good with Mallory.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No way, for me accel, had no luck with mallory. On the same motor, same plugs, same cap and rotor, only difference being mallory wires and accel's, the accel had better, smoother idle, the mallorys had a rougher idle to them like a slight miss or something. They work and get the job done, and I'm running duralast gold caps and rotors. Ac plugs, mallorys on the truck, found one is dead, only had them a couple years, got the accel's on my 88 been thru 3 vehicles and still going strong.