Looks like the truck is gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
No way, for me accel, had no luck with mallory. On the same motor, same plugs, same cap and rotor, only difference being mallory wires and accel's, the accel had better, smoother idle, the mallorys had a rougher idle to them like a slight miss or something. They work and get the job done, and I'm running duralast gold caps and rotors. Ac plugs, mallorys on the truck, found one is dead, only had them a couple years, got the accel's on my 88 been thru 3 vehicles and still going strong.

No offense, but Accel is worse then MSD, 99% of thier stuff is remarked offshore junk, they are not the company they were 30 years ago.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had two sets of accel wires and both made my z28 run like ****. i put a 15 dollar set of wires on it and it ran much smoother. accel is junk

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's weird, I just never had a problem with them. accel made ours run better over mallory and cheap autozone crap wires. I never had any problems with them. I don't doubt that you guys did, it's just weird and them things happen all the time. I'm sure there's guys who swear by msd as well. I don't think I'm gonna try msd after hearing yall had problems. I wouldn't try accel either if I had not had previous and good luck with them.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be. I think a '96-'98 ecsb would be a nicer overall vehicle myself and I wouldn't mind one although it sure seems like the newer vortec motors love to eat up intake gaskets. Actually it seems like most GM motors '96 and up love to eat up intake gaskets. Oh well I still love me some chevy.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
That's weird, I just never had a problem with them. accel made ours run better over mallory and cheap autozone crap wires. I never had any problems with them. I don't doubt that you guys did, it's just weird and them things happen all the time. I'm sure there's guys who swear by msd as well. I don't think I'm gonna try msd after hearing yall had problems. I wouldn't try accel either if I had not had previous and good luck with them.

Ive had GREAT success with Taylor 8MM Spiro Pros, all i ever run.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hmm, found a sweet litlle 1975 RCSB 4x4, 6" Lift, 35" super swampers, 350, 4-Speed standard, Fresh paint, Trades welcome and the guy replied saying he was interested.