LonestarStunner's ECSS slow build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your trucks looking good.. here's some extra motivation for your theme
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes sir, that is definitely some good motivation. I do appreciate it, what color did you go with on top? Kinda hard to tell with it in the garage but it looks like the Mitsu Eclipse GT burnt orange like what's on my Cadillac in my avatar.

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks.. To be honest im not sure exactly what color the burnt orange is.. i bought the truck already painted but the bag job was horrible to say the least so i redid everything and im almost done..
Yes sir, that is definitely some good motivation. I do appreciate it, what color did you go with on top? Kinda hard to tell with it in the garage but it looks like the Mitsu Eclipse GT burnt orange like what's on my Cadillac in my avatar.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's kool man, well I definitely dig it. Must be kinda hard to have a burnt orange and white truck and be a Trojan fan...... Lol. Just messing with you, noticed the USC flag in the pic.

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yup no longhorns here lol..
That's kool man, well I definitely dig it. Must be kinda hard to have a burnt orange and white truck and be a Trojan fan...... Lol. Just messing with you, noticed the USC flag in the pic.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still working on the hi-4 taillights, by reworking the circuit board properly. The board works great, however I'm having difficulty with the little metal prongs on the sockets. Hopefully I can get it figured out and post how I got it to work.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Took the truck up to the alarm shop and had him install my orange led for my alarm. Nothing big, just something else to be different and stay with my theme. Had to add some extra resisters to convert the new 12v led to the 1.5v signal from the alarm module.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well it's clear to say FML!!!!! Took the truck to my brothers shop to do the cam relearn and fix exhaust leaks, and just go over everything else, when sure enough after the exhaust leaks were fixed we heard a knock. Pulled out the stethoscope, and found cylinders 1and 2 bearings are bad. Yes this is a new motor, and yes all the tolerances were checked, but must've missed something. We watched as the oil pressure got lower and lower, and the knock got louder and louder. So we buttoned it all up and limped it back home. Had my little brother run me to the liquor store and I bought the biggest bottle of Jager they had on the shelf along with a 12pack of Dos XX. I feel pretty damn defeated here, and let's face it, I've dumped every dime I have into this truck and now it's back to square one. Glad you guys took a look at my thread, and I appreciate all the compliments, but it's gonna be a bit before I have anything else to post.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
First visit to your thread. Welcome! You've found the best forum with the most helpful crew you could ever hope for.
You've done a really nice transformation to your Dad's truck. I'm sure he'd very proud!
Couple of comments...
That is a SUB BOX!!! Wow! I've had a truck with just one 10" JL sub. That thing pumped! But 4? Aye caramba!
4-Hi tail lights? Is that the mod to make all 4 bulbs work as turn & brake lights?
Haven't seen wheels like that on a lowerd GMT400 before. Likin' 'em!
" I drive it.... Like I F@#£%N stole it!!!!!!" Lol!!! Attaboy! Both of mine get thrashed on every now & then, too! (Well, not the black one lately, but once I get into my new place, the resurrection will begin. Again!) Interested in the suction cup mod. Lol!
Sad about the new heart. Don't get discouraged. Poop happens. I've had my black '98 for 9 years. It's had it's ups & downs too. But after each episode, it has returned more better & more bad.
Keep postin' the progress!