LonestarStunner's ECSS slow build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the comments buddy, it truly has been a pain in the assignment getting the truck running, sometimes I feel like I should've left well enough alone, but I kno the end result would've been the same. I am ordering the parts I need to rebuild the stock motor for now. I think my next motor will be a 6.2L LSX. For now the stock Vortec will have to do, and maybe this summer will be good for side jobs so I can make some big money to accomplish that goal.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well finally got a few more things done to the truck, bought a new motor, and had the trans built with all hardened guts. Removed all the side molding trim, and installed a Denali grill also. Engine and trans are exceptional and perform great! Now need the BB tune to open it up all the way. I'm looking into a full eurethane bushing kit as well as a front end rebuild kit. But at least I'm rolling again for now, and more things to come...........
You must be registered for see images attach

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some pics from a mini photo shoot taken at a friends house yesterday. Hope you guys like it, if not no biggie. I'm building it for my tastes. Lol....

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 13

LSSTX98

Reaction score
Hey man nice build. I really like what you've started and where its going. Keep it up and keep the pictures coming.

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck look great bro.. heres a finished pic of the color scheme you were wanting

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks! Your truck is looking sick bro!!! Can't wait to see it finished, keep me posted on it.....

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update. I've just about got everything ordered in and will be putting my truck down for full rebuild. Will be starting from the ground up with all new parts, here's just a quick run down of what's going to be installed. Full urethane bushing kit from front to back, rear disc brake conversion, 3/4 ton front calipers, NBS master cylinder, adj proportioning valve, front line lock, u-joints and carrier bearing, belltech front swaybar to match the rear, color matched f/r bumpers, cowl hood, painted handles and mirrors, handmade tonneau cover,intimidator spoiler, new carpet, leather seats, Denali cluster, and redoing the entire sound system with bigger wiring and excessive grounding, adding components in the kick panels and rear side panels. Lots of work to be done, and I hope to have it done in a couple of months.. Lol

Last edited:

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First time i seen this, sweet build man, similar to what i want after my offroad version is done, keep it up!

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate the comment. I think the best part about it, is we all get to build our trucks the way we want, and we get to enjoy the finished product. I love the saying "I didn't build it to meet your expectations, I built it to meet mine". I think that really says it all.