LM7 and 4l60E have arrived . Build thread will follow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
8 clamps is definitely overkill but waaayyyyy better than the truck I've seen parked in northern frederick county. One ratchet strap from fender to fender over the cap.... I just hope it doesn't go down the road that way.

Its gonna look sharp once all painted up. Hoping to see it cruising one day.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally made it to Dixie Glass to retrieve the topper door with the new tempered glass. I just ordered a replacement flap seal as the original is shriveled, hard as a rock and breaking with the slightest touch. I think it is also why the door won't latch. As I anticipated the lift cylinders will not support the door with the glass in it so those will be replaced also. I may have to move the topper back just a touch. Didn't have time today to fool with it. It closes easily with the tailgate down. I am into the topper for $260 or so after the replacement glass so I am very well pleased.

Last edited:

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I adjusted the topper back a half inch and the door closes nicely now. I found the ID placard but it doesn't say what brand it is. It shows a model number of 1500 and a serial number of 10384. Do any of Y'All have any idea what brand it is.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The tags on my GMC have been on there since 2009 and I wanted a change so I went with a personalized plate.
I like it! If you know what it means, it'll mean something to you, and someone who does know, will go, "hey that's clever!" But the rest of the non truck nerds out there.... forget about em.