LM7 and 4l60E have arrived . Build thread will follow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The new power plant and transmission have arrived in Raleigh NC. We will be procuring a new clutch fan assembly forthwith as they were not included.
I thought all the LS engines had electric fans, or is that just the later or SUV ones?

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We are not planning to rebuild the transmission. At 105K we are hoping it will be good. I put this in the engine category because I thought that was where it went. If it doesn't go here please feel free to move it. My research indicates that 04 Suburbans have a clutch fan and that it will fit in the factory shroud. Initially at least, that is the simplest way to do the install. I realize it is costing some power which is not a huge concern at least for now. I may switch to universal electric thermostat controlled fans after I get it back home. The ECU is being sent to the tuner and should be back in a week or so.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are not planning to rebuild the transmission. At 105K we are hoping it will be good. I put this in the engine category because I thought that was where it went. If it doesn't go here please feel free to move it. My research indicates that 04 Suburbans have a clutch fan and that it will fit in the factory shroud. Initially at least, that is the simplest way to do the install. I realize it is costing some power which is not a huge concern at least for now. I may switch to universal electric thermostat controlled fans after I get it back home. The ECU is being sent to the tuner and should be back in a week or so.
Seems like the thread is in the right place...

Id take the pan off just to replace the filter and check what may be showing at the bottom plus clean it out...you can ohm out your solenoids at that time as well (no need to remove them to probe them for resistance.

At 105k it prob has anywhere between 5k-70k left - thats a wide range but its consistant with what ive seen over the years...The 3-4 pack and sun shell are the two main failure points (3-4 pack by far is the primary reason the 60 comes in for rebuild).

Check my 4L60e info thread; et me know if you have any ?s.

Good luck with the build!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it's a 5.3. How much hp?
New, new ? Or slightly used take out? 4L60E, have heavy duty internals? Just curious I've thought about a 6.0 in my K2500.