LED light bar mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaze4g63

Reaction score
Hello guys i was wondering if anyone on here has cut the bump guard on the front bumper to get the led light bar to sit inside of the bumper? I think I have seen a pic of 95C1500s truck with one in the bumper but i couldnt tell if it was inside of the bumper or outside of the bumper, any comments or suggestions would be great. I ordered a 52" straight bar and im trying not to put in on the roof but if need be I will. Thanks my trucks a 92 K1500 Z71 extended cab.

Last edited:

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how you're going to put a 52inch stright bar in your curved front bumper, best bet is to not put it on at all. Or put it on your roof like every other guy.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Or how about mounting it under your bumper using your tow hook mount locations as mounting points for it

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not sure how you're going to put a 52inch stright bar in your curved front bumper, best bet is to not put it on at all. Or put it on your roof like every other guy.
It doesn't have to be flush against the bumper the whole way across. The main problem will be the bumper brackets

Blaze4g63

Reaction score
Or how about mounting it under your bumper using your tow hook mount locations as mounting points for it

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

I don't really want it that low to be honest.

It doesn't have to be flush against the bumper the whole way across. The main problem will be the bumper brackets

Are the bumper brackets going to be in the way you think? I have never taken an body parts off this truck yet, so I really don't know what is under the bumper till I get into removing it. I wonder if it would be easier to just measure out 26In each way from the point and just cut when it is still installed using the bump guard as a reference. Ill crawl under and make sure nothing there before I cut obviously. I also think the light bar is almost the same size as the bump guard.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If you're referring to me, it's a 24" on the grille guard.
You must be registered for see images

There is a guy on the forum (MTM1) I belive who ahs a light bar in the bumper where the impact strip goes. He's on facebook.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're referring to me, it's a 24" on the grille guard.

There is a guy on the forum (MTM1) I belive who ahs a light bar in the bumper where the impact strip goes. He's on facebook.
Holy fak that truck is awesome

Live action!!

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 30 Rigid E2 mounted on a custom bar I made which bolts to the tow hook locations

You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I don't really want it that low to be honest.

Are the bumper brackets going to be in the way you think? I have never taken an body parts off this truck yet, so I really don't know what is under the bumper till I get into removing it. I wonder if it would be easier to just measure out 26In each way from the point and just cut when it is still installed using the bump guard as a reference. Ill crawl under and make sure nothing there before I cut obviously. I also think the light bar is almost the same size as the bump guard.
Yah the bumper brackets will be in the way without some significant trimming.

Another tip don't waste money on a rigid or equivalent they're all basically the same but those cost 10x more