Just wanna tow a 2000lb. Trailer up a hill..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck is SO COOL!

IN REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION( GUESSING)

the motor sounds tired, you getting lots of blowby?
Besides that I'd change the ignition system plugs wires distributor and advance that timing.
My runs away up hills after advancing my timing.
I think there is a proper way to do it, but you can just twist the cap until you get it right.

For something with that wieght gears are going to help too.

If your feeling frisky drop a brand new motor in and I'm assuming that will solve your issue.
That OBS camper is so friggin cool. Worth every penny put into it. Ciao

Also blowby getting sucked into the intake manifold doesnt help power trying to burn all them oil fumes.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would I go about that? Anyone have a link to a thread?
I dont have the link handy but... search here for "ultimate TBI mods" or on Google "gmt400 ultimate TBI mods" it will come up with the link you will like..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone done actual dyno research on the "Ultiimate TBI Mods" to see if they're actually an improvement?

First Guess: Lots of effort, looks pretty, no real gains. Waste of time.

Just 1/8 mile track times. Knocked off 0.3s and added 2 mph to a near stock 305. Ultimate TBI moded TBI, open center spacer and 14 psi fuel pressure. Truck had headers and exhaust.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would I go about that? Anyone have a link to a thread?

go autozone and get their rent a tool fuel pressure test kit. connect to fuel filter or other in line spot. tripple check with engine running, for any leaks BEFORE driving. now go up a good grde while in overdrive. drive for 10 minutes or more. watch for pressure drop or wild needle sweeps.
i like to put gauge on a wiper arm so i can watch it while driving. DO NOT PUT GAUGE IN VEHICLE. human fireballs arent cool.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine from R.V. Morse Machine but it's kinda hard to see while driving, LOL. The gauge is 1/8" pipe threads so you could probably hook up a hose to it? I got the VFPR and the EP381 Vortec fuel pump so I can get more flow and higher pressures.
http://www.rvmorsemachine.com/product.htm

Bottom of throttle body
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed on engine running @28PSI
You must be registered for see images attach