Just ordered some ebay SS headers for my 88.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea, got some updated pics if anyones interested. they look a little different, mostly dirt and oily hand prints brunt on now etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

those are from today.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Nice, really like your Chameleon serpentine belt....it blends right in with it's surroundings. Also, as you can see, even stainless discolors....whether it's plated or solid stainless, and yes I've used mom's fancy stainless steak knives to jump solenoids back in the day....yes they discolored and yes I got chewed out :p

The only SS headers that will not(should not) change colors are the ones made of tube-in-tube. It's double layer header piping, one pipe inside another, the outer pipe isn't supposed to get hot enough to discolor. The problem with running those is the outer pipe has to be much larger(takes up more space for install), and they're moderately pricier.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ah, I'll have to take pics of the engine bay in the camaro....including the radiator held in by mtn climbing rope :p

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't care about them discoloring, I wanted them to avoid rusting, no donuts to blow out etc.

yea the belt is off. No radiator hoses either. I've gotta get more hose braid to put on them.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well........I can crank the camaro and watch the rust dust bounce around of top of header tubes.....so :p hey, it helps to have something to do when bored :crazy: