Just ordered some ebay SS headers for my 88.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took the air pump off the truck and cut the bracket off, since mine was on the bottom and uses the big old steel bracket, removed it's lines and hoses, then took off the fitting in the manifolds, and beat them shut, folded them over and done it again, and it still leaks, also smashed shut the lil' pipes on the inside. If you knew someone or you can weld I'd weld them up or shut and put them back in, or ditch em for headers. The headers have no holes for the air tubes, but you can find some that do have holes if you reuse it.

when it was all done I had to go to autozone several times to get a shorter belt for it.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where is the air pump at? my truck just has the line coming out of the manifold itself i belive.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
huh? the only line for my egr is a vac. line on the intake manifold. my exhaust manifolds have a line off each in the front and the air pump on the lower PS of the motor.

well you do have a newer truck then mine so it def. may be only to the egr.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha i did not know yours was older which is why that didnt make sence. the pipe is coming from the front driverside of my intake im pretty sure. and goes into my exhaust manifold also drivers side. im pretty sure its the air injection and that the egr is on the pass side.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well guys they came in today... here's pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look good

let us know how the install goes

if they work out i will order me some shortly

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
definately will do. Gotta get a couple days off or a good weekend to switch em. I know it won't take that long, but just in case.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got em on the truck, gotta hook em to the pipes though, they fit great, the spacers sent weren't the right size for what I needed, but they could be made to work by adding or whatever is needed as I did(added a nut) to make em work, the lil' ones weren't big enough inner dia. to fit my bolt so had to use the big one, but it was too short.

plug access sucks, gotta use a 5/8 wrench preferably a offset one, or the special short spark plug socket they sale. Front 2 were a breeze, might need all 90 degree plug bolts, or if you are like me have a couple of straight ones, use them on 1 and 2 cylinders(all the way in the front) or maybe get by with some variable angle ones or the 45 degree ones or whatever they are.

They bolted to the block great, bolts worked very well, seem to be nice gaskets on the block side as well. I'll have to get pics tomorrow, gotta bolt the pipes to them, do an oil change and fix my leaking oil filter adapter.