Just ordered some ebay SS headers for my 88.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a05f591d1

Just got done ordering them for my 88 to replace my cracked manifold and leaking donut gasket, and the leaking plugs for the AIR tubes. I'll post pics and let you guys know how well they look, work, and sound and what not when they get here and I get them on.

I went with these because they bolt in place of the stock manifolds, which is good for me, since I don't have a welder, and I'd hate to clamp reducers on the pipes after I cut off the stock flanges. Plus I have duals and the DS crosses under the trans, so I'd need the whole system redone for long tubes I bet. I aint really going for a hot rod, I just want a good running work truck/daily driver that looks good. Works good, and sounds good, sounds like crap leaking lol.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
let me know how they work and fit! how much did you end up paying ? if you dont mind.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
don't mind at all buddy, I asked them about the best offer and they said $80 plus the 42 for shipping. It was the cheapest way, they are $88 buy it now and 89 and up on ebay plus the 42, and on their site they are $115 plus the 42 shipping. It was also the cheapest shipping, ups ground, usps priority was like $62 and some other more expensive options lol.

My total shipped with insurance was $124.15

SuperStepside

Reaction score
I've been a running a pair for 2 years now. They'll blue and discolor over time. They get extremely hot so be careful around them. Other than that cant beat the price.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a pair of T-304 Shorty Stainless Headers about a year ago and they bolted up perfect on the Silvy.

Pro's......they added a noticeable but mild muscle tone after my duals were installed
they sound great when you whack the accelerator & at cruising speeds

Con's..... changing the spark plugs near the firewall is a challenge
They will blue & discolor within the first year

Also.....invest in a set of Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm so they are the real deal stainless? they are just sooooo cheap it concerns me. i mean most stainless headers like that are 400 bucks or so. but if you guys have all ran them and they have worked ill have to get me a set. is that a 3/8s flange on them? sorry for all the questions guys. IMO i like the blueing color they throw off but hey everyone is different!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I'm sure they're legit. There are a lot of sub $150 stainless headers for all sorts of cars on Ebay. Sometimes there are fitment issues, but depending on who you get them from the quality is OK.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with that big of a price difference im sure its worth the gamble lol. im def going to look into them!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was/is tuning pros I got mine from.

I definately wnated to give them a shot since manifolds are like $50 and up a piece and it won't fix my donut leak, which is another $10 and then won't fix my AIR fitting leak which I can't find a plug to fit, it have to be welded or something.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is that all you need to do with that air injection? or do you have to plug it and shut off some kind of pump? im not sure how those work.