Is this the lower ball joint and is it supposed to look this way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had mine done in May. $150 for parts from Amazon and $600 for labor on all 4. I also had the shop do the sway bar links since there were right there and the parts were pretty cheap.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A place I have been going to for years that I know does awesome work said 600 out the door with alignment. It's a family run place so I feel better about paying them a lot of money.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how many miles on your rig but I did the whole front end on mine around 120k. It wasn't completely shot -my mechanic has the same truck and said he'd seen a lot worse

You'll need an alignment afterwards so it makes sense to do all the BJs at one shot. If you have slop in your steering, you may also want to a look at the steering linkage (idler arms are big wear items on our trucks, outer and inner tie rod ends) since that also requires re-alignment afterwards.

Last point- ask them to use decent quality components (like Moog). It's only a few dollars more but worth it in the long run

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off about an hour ago and they called about a half hour later and said that just the nut was really loose but the joints are very solid so I feel like an idiot but am happy that's all it was. They said it looks like it was just over greased

kink3

Reaction score
That is a good shop! The dealer that I bought my truck from used XCP tie rods and they were shot after 4k miles. It's never worth it to cheap out on front end parts.