Improved handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCChevyZ71

Reaction score
I've thought about it once my suspension is reasonably dialed bodywork is next then motor and possibly AWD....I wanted to hit the ground running so I could have some fun with it this spring/summer before it goes under the knife for bodywork in the fall...then it's motor and depending how much motor I wind up with will dicate whether I swap to AWD

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've a 1998 K1500 Z71 looking to make it handle better...so far I've dropped it 3" front using belltech drop keys, and 5" rear using drop hangers and 3" drop shackles. I did the street performance belltech shocks, rear shock extensions, rear hellwig swaybar, poly front swaybar bushings, rough country steering stabilizer, and the plan is to do a cunningham steering shaft. I debated swapping out the hollow front sway bar for solid both are 30mm sway bars is there a big advantage? I'm just curious if there is anything outside of blowing it all apart and doing every bushing in poly or rebuilding the front end which I've already done.

Post some photos of your truck lowered please?

Last edited:

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best way to explain it is the back is really tight the front is looser then the back aside from shocks and poly swaybar bushings and links I've done nothing to stiffen the front. So I get a lot of oversteer which I don't entirely mind, but now the front feels like it likes to dive and body roll due to the front being so much looser then the back. So was kind of looking for suspension mods to tighten up the front, but also been going down this rabbit hole all day. I discovered that the front swaybar is only 30mm and it's hollow as well so as it stands I ordered a 30mm solid front swaybar in an effort to eliminate some of my front dive or body roll. I'd rather not eliminate all my oversteer so I'm ok with the front still being a tad looser but I wanna eliminate the body roll or dive to the front. As it stands it weight transfers hard to the outside steer tire and it feels as though the trucks going to break loose and plow which makes a guy a lot less confident in hard cornering.
I would consider swapping to stiffer torsion bars.

BCChevyZ71

Reaction score
I would consider swapping to stiffer torsion bars.
I believe my truck was already spec'ed with 3/4 ton bars with the F44 pkg? I could be very wrong about that...and cool! Sorento is a nice place! I'm gonna be at the lethbridge car show the street wheelers weekend I just seen your in AB