I'm Gonna Burn It So It Can Go to Hell Where it Belongs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I had my truck completely quit one time when somehow the mounting ear for my distributor cap broke off. Cap was loose, wires were shot too. Had to put in a distributor, cap, rotor and wires before I even got a cough out of it. Parked it one afternoon (running fine), went back to start it and nothing, just whirled over.

A friend of mine has a Ford half ton and something similar to what you were describing happened to him, it was the spark plug gap. Not sure if they got dropped or banged or something (they were new), but it would hardly pull itself 20 feet. Replaced the plugs and it worked fine.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well its back at the shop. Didn't give me any trouble going down there, though it ran rough for a few seconds when I cranked it, and when I got to the shop I was able to make it start missing by cutting on the a/c.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
you're more patient than i am... i think i would have introduced her to my zippo by now. but for the sake of OBS love, i'm glad you haven't and hopefully they can get the truck straight again. i'm not mechanically inclined, but sounds like an electrical issue for sure.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I'm staying strong haha. I just have wayyyy too much money in it to sell it and start over. I've been building this truck with the idea that I'm keeping it forever...so I guess I'm here, for better or for worse haha

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I'm staying strong haha. I just have wayyyy too much money in it to sell it and start over. I've been building this truck with the idea that I'm keeping it forever...so I guess I'm here, for better or for worse haha

There's always plan "B"...............take off all your "stuff" and give it to me!!!!!! BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............................

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before you burn her to the ground, send it here... or atleast the lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, etc. :)