I'm Gonna Burn It So It Can Go to Hell Where it Belongs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The plug wires and plugs have less than 500 miles on them...idk, all I know is those mafukers are getting it back ASAP.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Frequently a mech will remove a plug to assess cylinder burn. He could have forgotten to tightn it. Its always good to check. I understand the frustration tho. Thats why I do All my own repair. Got tired of gettin pissed off at knucklheads.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah thats the stance I had for 8 months or so, just can't figure this out. Literally everything is new.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I have to remind myself to keep it simple, and check the stupid stuff first. I recently had a stalling/starting problem and after convincing myself my motor was completely dead and gone, I found the vacume hose to the egr was bein kinked by bad routing. Rerouted it; truck started and ran fine after.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i have a buddy with a 95 burban that had the same issue, turned out to be the fuel pump, it had good pressure well in spec when cold but once it got good and warmed up the pump expanded out of tolerance or something like that because the pressure went to crap and would pop and buck all over the place, he did all the same fixes you have and it was the pump all along as i originally suspected.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This may seem strange but after all you have been through I would be near to getting another engine to ecm wiring harness from a salvage yard that I pulled myself, I don't trust someone else to pull a harness and not screw it up, anyway and swap your whole harness out. I have bought the whole thing before for $50, you obviously have electrical issues going on, you could also possible fix your's by ohming each and every wire out, but I don't know how your electrial skill's are, no offense. Some people just don't like wiring, where as I love it!

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Hey, check this out. Did the knucklehead put in a new dizzy with the old electronics or what?

Clutch4190

I ended up finding the problem. For those of you having similar issues check your ignition module. I put a new one in anyway for kicks but it was purely a ground issue on the bottom of the module. The base plate on the distributor was very corroded and not making a good ground. A wire brush and dialetric grease healed the problem but like i said, i changed the module anyway for piece of mind. I just turned 100k on the truck, so hopefully I have time before i start having fuel pump problems, along with many other issues that are bound to happen down the road.