I'm back with a OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With my current engine I'm making 460hp at the crank. It will bring me to 13.32s using 4700lbs for an ECSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stock 6.0 is around 400-425hp, cam and tune and a set of headers your above 500hp, they are also lighter then a sbc

My old 05 gto at 3800lbs with the bone stock 6.0 no tune or anything went 13.30s on 18 inch street tires. That car short shifted on the passes I made, there is no manual shifting them it shifts when it wants unless its tuned. A single cab should be around 4000lbs so id say high 12s is do able.

Also they respond very well to nitrous. A 100-125shot will not hurt them as there 6 bolt mains and the stock cranks will hold up to 800hp, The rods are the week point after a certain point.

Last edited:

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update time..

Wheel tubs are painted
You must be registered for see images attach

Started on the 3/4 back half I guess you would call it. Most of all the old stuff is out of there. Going to use the behind and under the axle bracket that the bags are sitting on and the bracket that attaches the upper links. Going to unbolt the upper links and use a wishbone 3-link setup.

And then we have this beautiful setup!!

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No real updates.. The shop owner seems to be putting me off for some reason. I did order all new air management for it though, not going to use the AccuAir e-Level. Went back with a traditional 8-vavle setup and it started with the manifold from Thorbros. Really cleans up the valve assembly!

Here it is put together. You have to disassemble the valve, but well worth it.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a clean looking set up. What is the small 90 for in the top picture on the lower right in front of the valves?

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a clean looking set up. What is the small 90 for in the top picture on the lower right in front of the valves?

That's for a line coming from the tank. A pressure switch goes where the plug is and the 90 on the top goes to a gauge for tank pressure.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not use Accuair? It's the best.
I'm saving the AccuAir for my 72 C10. I plan on selling this truck, so didn't want to setup it all up & le it go.

Update… I picked up the truck! Now I'm getting some mechanical done to it & get it back on the road.