Back in a OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
Sheesh, your truck deserves a better photographer... :rotflmao:

Nice find.
I know, I’ll get it together with better pics. My plan was to originally leave it parked outside but after making the 45 mile ride home and really getting a good look at the paint I had to move some cars around and make room for it’s new parking spot in the garage. Had to then rush to pick my kids up from school and shot a few pics on my way out.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on leaving it at the height it is now. No off-road use. Mostly running around my small town and car meets. I was actually looking for one to make
Homedepot runs but the bed is so nice I’m not sure I will do that.
And being from Florida I don't think you need a snow rated tire! Lol
What size are those wheels? They look bigger than 15", are they 17"?
I just put 17x8 wheels with 235/65/17 tires. Essentially same diameter as stock, but are lower profile than the stock ones.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
And being from Florida I don't think you need a snow rated tire! Lol
What size are those wheels? They look bigger than 15", are they 17"?
I just put 17x8 wheels with 235/65/17 tires. Essentially same diameter as stock, but are lower profile than the stock ones.
Yes the rims are 17’s. The rears look a little wider. The tires on it now are 255 fronts and 275 rear for width.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
What about a bed liner, or rubber bed mat?
Yes it’s on the list. I don’t think I want a bed liner, the bed is in near perfect condition. I was thinking about a mat or carpet of some sort. A mat would be okay because I plan on keeping it in the garage and if I get caught in the rain I’ll pull the mat out to let it dry. Any suggestions?

Pauly1119

Reaction score
They look like a 50 series or less. So if you upped it to a 60-65 or so, that would put you back in stockish diameter range, and look more proportional.
They are 40 series. I’ll be ordering tires in January. Just have to get through the holidays first. I was thinking about 275/60R17 now. I’d like a street tire. Kinda like a performance looking tire. The truck is surprisingly pretty quick, I finally took it out for a spirited drive.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are 40 series. I’ll be ordering tires in January. Just have to get through the holidays first. I was thinking about 275/60R17 now. I’d like a street tire. Kinda like a performance looking tire. The truck is surprisingly pretty quick, I finally took it out for a spirited drive.
I would hope with a 383 it would have some get up and go in it!!!! Lol
I have Toyo Proxi II's on mine. They are a truck/SUV "performance" tire. Can't say first hand how they are as the truck won't be out of the garage until spring. But the reviews were all pretty good for the type of driving it will be doing, just out on nice summer days, and the rain rating was pretty good as well. And I think they look pretty good.

Edit....did you get some better pics while you had it out???? Lol

Pauly1119

Reaction score
I would hope with a 383 it would have some get up and go in it!!!! Lol
I have Toyo Proxi II's on mine. They are a truck/SUV "performance" tire. Can't say first hand how they are as the truck won't be out of the garage until spring. But the reviews were all pretty good for the type of driving it will be doing, just out on nice summer days, and the rain rating was pretty good as well. And I think they look pretty good.

Edit....did you get some better pics while you had it out???? Lol
The weather has been terrible here is Florida. It’s supposed to start getting better today if not I’ll get some better pics tomorrow. The Toyos look pretty good. I’ve been going through the paperwork that came with the truck and have the dyno, it has 469hp and 497 torque. I’m not really looking to go fast in it though. I already have a car that can get me into enough trouble.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The weather has been terrible here is Florida. It’s supposed to start getting better today if not I’ll get some better pics tomorrow. The Toyos look pretty good. I’ve been going through the paperwork that came with the truck and have the dyno, it has 469hp and 497 torque. I’m not really looking to go fast in it though. I already have a car that can get me into enough trouble.
That's a healthy motor.
I am in the same boat....I wanna GET going fast, not go fast. It makes sense in my brain. Lol
And Florida bad weather in December ain't got nothing on Canada bad weather in December!!! Lol