I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well, idk which one solved the problem, but throwing every single shift and pressure solenoid in the trash and replacing the wiring harness fixed it.

I need to get the shift cable adjusted right, I got to the car wash tonight and I couldn't get park. Then it didn't want to fire up. Fun times lol. I also got my Torque app set up right, I think.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Anytime I've heard about 4l80 problems its the one-two or three-four solenoid or the EPC solenoid, so that's why they just sell the kit and harness all as one. Quicker, cheaper and better results. Glad its going for you. One problem down, on to the next!

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Anytime I've heard about 4l80 problems its the one-two or three-four solenoid or the EPC solenoid, so that's why they just sell the kit and harness all as one. Quicker, cheaper and better results. Glad its going for you. One problem down, on to the next!

Yeah the EPC and the harness came to like 80 bucks, so why not do the whole thing? I put a actual shift kit in it while I had the pan off also, so it's shifting great now.

Next up, clogged up cats!

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The transmission went out completely in my van. Every time I think I'm getting a little bit ahead and can buy some more things for my pick-up something else breaks.

Pigpen has been a real battle also, whole new brake system, transmissions shifting idiotically, it still runs like poop.. But, I looked at a new 2500 HD and it was 40,000, I'm pretty sure I could drive Pigpen the rest of my life and never get there lol.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So, for anyone reading along, a 4l80E takes waay more fluid than a 4L60e after a pan drop.

I added my normal 4 quarts, went for a drive, seemed ok, checked it, couldn't see any on the dipstick, thought maybe the dipstick was faulty since everything else it. Bought another gallon today, went for a drive, smacked a little kid, added two quarts, it's still low. Turns out it takes 7-8 after a pan and filter R&R lol. Good thing I bought that gallon instead of two quarts.

After degreasing the underside last night at the car wash, it didn't want to restart. Coughed a few times, died, cranked and cranked. Finally I pulled the fuel pump relay, looked it over, put it back in, stupid ******* started no problem.. So IDK WTF that was about at all.

I cleaned the MAF, that code went away. I still have codes for the downstream O2's, and the cat's are there. I think my next step will be to cut them off, I'm fairly certain they are clogged up.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I cut little doors in the cats today, one was clean as a whistle, not a hint of cat in there, the other was clogfed/collapsed nearly completely.

So, now it's, not, but it's still not running right. I mean, I should be able to spina tire when I floor it...