I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
My 98 k1500 with a 350 would only spin tires if the tires weren't warm from driving around :( that was with new $600 CA-legal cats I had to buy too lol

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'll throw a set of plugs and wires at it and go from there. Last night it wouldn't spin them in the pouring rain, today it didn't feel any better, just loud as hell from essentially straight pipes

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I pulled the plugs and wires today, half were Autozone wires, half were Ac Delco. Half my plugs were Autolite 605's, half were Ac Delco Rapid Fires...

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
That truck a Vortec? They have longer threaded plugs than the TBI trucks. Any of the originals coming up short?

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
That truck a Vortec? They have longer threaded plugs than the TBI trucks. Any of the originals coming up short?

It is a Vortec. They were both correct plugs for it, just one was a Delco Rapid Fire, one was an Autolite Platinum with the "normal" or big electrode.

I have new Autolites and wires on the way. I'm going to go get my welding bottle filled tomorrow and get the plate transferred to it so I can start driving it.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Theres deffinatly something wrong. I can rail mine from a stop and set it sideways (if the dam g80 kicks) without brakes. I also have 3.42s. Have you checked for a leaky spider? Do the 3/4 tons have a egr?

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled the plugs and wires today, half were Autozone wires, half were Ac Delco. Half my plugs were Autolite 605's, half were Ac Delco Rapid Fires...
Different plugs and wires? wtf
I've never heard of that, that doesn't speak well about how the PO took care of the truck, and if it has actually had a rebuild.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Theres deffinatly something wrong. I can rail mine from a stop and set it sideways (if the dam g80 kicks) without brakes. I also have 3.42s. Have you checked for a leaky spider? Do the 3/4 tons have a egr?

I do have Egr, the Spider is leaky, but not terrible. The plugs show evidence of being rich though. My new stuff won't be here until Friday.

Different plugs and wires? wtf
I've never heard of that, that doesn't speak well about how the PO took care of the truck, and if it has actually had a rebuild.

But he was a heavy equipment mechanic :33: lmao. Yeah, he was a ****, I knew that the minute he started talking lol. He only claimed the transmission was rebuilt, not the engine. The transmission was definitely removed and replaced.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Got new Autolite XP605's, gapped to .055, Jegs 8.5mm wires on it today, still runs like poop. Ordered a new Distributor, got my headlights in, set the bumper on there, have a plan for that as well.

You must be registered for see images attach