I know nothing, so how does this look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bygddy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking..

Thanks for all the help Bill, ordering arms right after Christmas, and will call around the wreckers and see what's out there for lowers. Now I can worry about simpler sht like fixing my box sides and getting paint scheme figured out.

bygddy

Reaction score
Got my lowers from a local wrecker, $50 each but someone just did new ball joints and bushings so thats a plus.
Will get them trimmed and then painted and cleaned up. Now right after Christmas will get spindles ordered, was hoping to buy DJM's locally through keystone but they are no longer sold through them, so will have to suck up the brutal shipping and brokerage fees and order through summit.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Stock coils are cheap from the wreckers. Cutting them increases the spring rate. (stiffer ride) 1 coil cut = 2".
Drop spindles + coils w/1.5 cut (3") = 5" drop.
No need to notch the frame for the T.R.E.'s. With the camber adjustment plugs punched, the front-end can be aligned with no probs & you wont be cutting up your tires after the fender lips are rolled.
A 5" static drop is about as low as I'd go. After that, it's bags.
Cut springs + drop control arms + drop spindles? No bueno!!! Alignment would be a comprimise, & along with the control arm ground clearance, the ride would be absolute crap.

bygddy

Reaction score
Stock coils are cheap from the wreckers. Cutting them increases the spring rate. (stiffer ride) 1 coil cut = 2".
Drop spindles + coils w/1.5 cut (3") = 5" drop.
No need to notch the frame for the T.R.E.'s. With the camber adjustment plugs punched, the front-end can be aligned with no probs & you wont be cutting up your tires after the fender lips are rolled.
A 5" static drop is about as low as I'd go. After that, it's bags.
Cut springs + drop control arms + drop spindles? No bueno!!! Alignment would be a comprimise, & along with the control arm ground clearance, the ride would be absolute crap.

No no, you guys have shown me that, and I have read enough not to mix and match. I using stock lowers, 2" spindles and the coils that are in it already which are cut to about 4-5" so I should end up around 6-7" static. If if have to notch for tie rods then so be it lol. I know at that point I won't get the camber dead nuts on and I'm OK with that, compared to the damn near 8-9" drop I'm at now and the ridiculous camber this will drive like a whole new truck! And still be much more drivable then my current ride height of this
You must be registered for see images attach

bygddy

Reaction score
And that's the other thing I'm curious about, i keep reading about trimming the lips or rolling the fenders at this ride height, I know I have a pile of negative camber currently, but I have maybe 3-4" from the sidewall of my tire to the fender lip. I have no clue what the wheels are off of, just a black steel wheel, so maybe that's it? Or is it just the tiny, narrow tire? 215/70/15